Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-11-2024, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanile View Post
thank you to everyone who took this thread in the direction it deserved to go. i appreciate seeing these resources.
Thumbs Up!

Vancouver, BC, Canada: David W. Hay, partner at Richards Buell Sutton, dhay@rbs.ca

Last edited by m_sasso; 04-11-2024 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-11-2024, 08:14 AM

Thanks all who posted useful pointers. I've sent Josh Zisson, Andrew Brodie, and Andrew Fischer all to my friend, who intends to call then today.
Old 04-11-2024, 08:31 AM

Good luck! My experience has solidified my very poor opinion of lawyers, liars in cars, and the court system as 2 years later it drags on…and meanwhile paid a lot in hospital bills for something not our fault.

Most the lawyers we contacted either didn’t respond or lied when they did respond saying they would love to help then went silent after wasting our time usually weeks later. One was a referral from a friend and their family member. He promised to help and then claimed he had a health issue and disappeared which I later found was a lie.

Last edited by Likes2ridefar; 04-11-2024 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2ridefar View Post
Good luck! My experience has solidified my very poor opinion of lawyers, liars in cars, and the court system as 2 years later it drags on…and meanwhile paid a lot in hospital bills for something not our fault.

Most the lawyers we contacted either didn’t respond or lied when they did respond saying they would love to help then went silent after wasting our time usually weeks later. One was a referral from a friend and their family member. He promised to help and then claimed he had a health issue and disappeared which I later found was a lie.
i hate this
Old 04-11-2024, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2ridefar View Post
My experience has solidified my very poor opinion of lawyers
I am sorry to read this. I am not an attorney, however I've worked with many over the years and even had 10+ as direct reports to me. As with most groups of people, including bicyclists, you'll find some lawyers with stellar reputations and abilities, some in the middle, and some that you want to avoid.

I was the OP of this thread and my sole purpose was to identify one or more top-notch individuals with demonstrated competence in bicycle accident litigation. Regardless of the practice area of an attorney, it is not to your benefit to shop for a representative when your are facing an immediate legal threat. Obviously, you cannot and should not screen for an eminent attorney in every facet of law, however you can make some reasonable efforts in areas of business and life that you may need legal representation.

My hat is off to Paceline members who are competent attorneys.

Last edited by Spinner; 04-11-2024 at 03:08 PM.