Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-18-2019, 03:07 PM

PSG looking good - Di'Maria "has his dancing feet again".
Old 09-18-2019, 03:11 PM

That, and Real looks like a shell of its former self...
Old 09-18-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonster View Post
Ref paranoia is an Italian pastime. I seem to recall fairly elaborate referee stats on the weekly match previews in Gazzetta dello Sport.
So you have never complained about the officiating?
Or are you Italian?
Old 09-18-2019, 03:55 PM

Saw Real vs P$G, the team is paying for Florentino Perez’s antics over the years. I have sympathy for Real’s fans and players though. Hopefully they’ll get some positive change soon.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citycyclist247 View Post
Saw Real vs P$G, the team is paying for Florentino Perez’s antics over the years. I have sympathy for Real’s fans and players though. Hopefully they’ll get some positive change soon.
Foremost and principal amongst whom included Gen Franco, a veritable fascist who poured state aid into the team's coffers. I believe the state subsidy continues to this day.

In view of that, hard to feel sorry.

Also, way too many bratty and entitled fans who quickly turn on the team's players. They can all go home and sulk
Old 09-19-2019, 03:02 AM
Strong Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
he might not be a petty bastard (that'd be Mourinho level), but he sure likes to whinge a lot. though one of my fav manager, that damn whinging really gets irksome some times...
He is one, take it from me. Everyone yells during a game, petty bastards maintain their grudges for months and nurture them. There are pundits /interviewers afraid of getting on the wrong side of Klopp, because once you are, you'll never recover and he won't talk to you again, ever.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:24 AM
Cranky!

Quote:
Gen Franco
He's still dead.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:04 AM
Strong Walker

Quote:
Foremost and principal amongst whom included Gen Franco, a veritable fascist who poured state aid into the team's coffers. I believe the state subsidy continues to this day.

In view of that, hard to feel sorry.

Also, way too many bratty and entitled fans who quickly turn on the team's players. They can all go home and sulk
if you find a major club that hasn't done anything cringeworthy or despicable, and has never been involved with a scumbag of any sorts, drop me a note, i'll buy a jersey.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martl View Post
if you find a major club that hasn't done anything cringeworthy or despicable, and has never been involved with a scumbag of any sorts, drop me a note, i'll buy a jersey.
I'm protesting clubs receiving material benefits from egregious human rights violations, not run-of-the-mill scumbaggery (e.g. tax-dodgers at the head of your club), and not clubs having an odd despicable fan.

And by connection to egregious human rights violations, I mean the likes of PSG-Qatari (slave labor), Real-Franco (Spanish Civil War and what followed), and Dinamo Berlin-Stasi (you probably know what they did better than I)

Last edited by echappist; 09-19-2019 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:23 AM
Strong Walker

Quote:
I'm protesting clubs receiving material benefits from egregious human rights violations, not run-of-the-mill scumbaggery (e.g. tax-dodgers at the head of your club), and not clubs having an odd despicable fan.

And by connection to egregious human rights violations, I mean the likes of PSG-Qatari (slave labor), Real-Franco (Spanish Civil War and what followed), and Dinamo Berlin-Stasi (you probably know what they did better than I)
The tax evader did that as a private man, the club's been remarkably clean of that kind of behavior (though it wouldn'T surprise me if it did), especially compared to some other clubs they're competing with. Also, as opposed to others guilty of similar crimes, he served his sentence so his debt to society is paid according to civilised justice systems.
I didn't run an ethics check when i picked "my" team. I was 10 and they played amazing football at the time. I'm happy that, *when* i did check, they came out comparativly clean, even during the evil empires 12 year stint. And i'm proud that the central core of the supporter base lives up to that legacy.

Which club do you support btw? Lets see if it can survive the scrutiny.

Last edited by martl; 09-19-2019 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:35 PM
Cranky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
So you have never complained about the officiating?
Or are you Italian?
I'm not Italian, and I don't worry about bias in the officiating.

The officials make bad calls, and I think that players take advantage of a broad, unwritten consensus around leniency on fouls early in the game, and tactical fouling (to stop counterattacks), but I've never thought that a particular ref had it in for my team.

If anything, the greater risk is around the officials' sensitivity to perceived bias.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
that's not really enough of a data set to justify anything, not to mention that there is no indication that LFC's wins and Napoli's loses are attributed to dubious calls

he might not be a petty bastard (that'd be Mourinho level), but he sure likes to whinge a lot. though one of my fav manager, that damn whinging really gets irksome some times...
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...r%20Newsletter
Old 10-01-2019, 03:35 PM

thanks for sharing that

-----------------------------------

and yikes, Tottenham getting steamrolled at home by Bayern. Some really sloppy play after a promising start. This is pretty dire...
Old 10-01-2019, 03:42 PM

damn, and just like that, it's as if Bayern were thrashing another North London team...

Well, Gnabry was a former Gunner...

edit: holy s***, in the span of five minutes, they scored twice more. This Spurs team in truly shambolic...

What happened to the team that took the game to Real?

Last edited by echappist; 10-01-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
damn, and just like that, it's as if Bayern were thrashing another North London team...

Well, Gnabry was a former Gunner...

edit: holy s***, in the span of five minutes, they scored twice more. This Spurs team in truly shambolic...

What happened to the team that took the game to Real?
Who saw this coming - wow. Those 3 in 5 minutes must be a CL record.

Tomorrow Barce-Inter. Should be a good one.