Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-07-2019, 10:37 AM

and good lord, awful game by the MNT

Berlhalter is an effing hack. What is he doing 1) playing McKennie out of position, 2) playing Edward Brick-for-limbs Zardes in lieu of Sargent, and 3) insisting on playing out of the back (and into trouble)

I'm glad I didn't watch it. Burning trash heap of a game. Granted, neither Weah (as a winger) nor Adams (as another DM) was available, so, he had to work with what he had. But you'd think he could have called in another winger?

Only saving grace is that it's only a friendly...
Old 09-07-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
and good lord, awful game by the MNT

Berlhalter is an effing hack. What is he doing 1) playing McKennie out of position, 2) playing Edward Brick-for-limbs Zardes in lieu of Sargent, and 3) insisting on playing out of the back (and into trouble)

I'm glad I didn't watch it. Burning trash heap of a game. Granted, neither Weah (as a winger) nor Adams (as another DM) was available, so, he had to work with what he had. But you'd think he could have called in another winger?

Only saving grace is that it's only a friendly...
Agree - I only watched snippets here and there (in between US Open). I am waiting for Berlhalter to field his best eleven on a consistent basis. I get it that he is experimenting and testing players, but at some point he needs to establish a starting lineup - with defined roles -and have them play full time as a unit.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:28 AM

yikes! Stadia San Paulo is not ready for use yet...

https://twitter.com/sscnapoli/status...arlo-ancelotti
Old 09-12-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
yikes! Stadia San Paulo is not ready for use yet...

https://twitter.com/sscnapoli/status...arlo-ancelotti
That's what the Mister is tweeting - said he agreed to play the first two games away to allow them time to finish. City council stated it would be done on Friday - posted pictures showing a more completed room (but that may have been the visiting dressing rooms as they are supposedly finished - so regarding that aspect, Liverpool can relax - haha).
Old 09-12-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
That's what the Mister is tweeting - said he agreed to play the first two games away to allow them time to finish. City council stated it would be done on Friday - posted pictures showing a more completed room (but that may have been the visiting dressing rooms as they are supposedly finished - so regarding that aspect, Liverpool can relax - haha).
Relax? Surely you jest. Those two games last year were such tense affairs. And to think, LFC was a late volley away from getting booted after the group stage
Old 09-12-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Relax? Surely you jest. Those two games last year were such tense affairs. And to think, LFC was a late volley away from getting booted after the group stage
Liverpool can relax as the visitors changing room will be ready (they won't have to dress on the bus). But as for the game - they definitely cannot relax. Should be a good match, but Napoli will be ready.
Forte Partenopei!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...arloancelotti/
Old 09-13-2019, 09:48 PM

Leicester over Man U tomorrow?
Old 09-13-2019, 10:13 PM

It certainly could happen. Man U is s***, haven't played like a big team after they beat Chelsea.

Leicester is punching above its weight. Should be a good match
Old 09-14-2019, 09:29 AM

Damn NBC Universal

They could show either the Man U- Leicester game or the Chelsea - Wolves game. Instead, they are showing a uncompetitive derby from London. Snooze fest...
Old 09-14-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Damn NBC Universal

They could show either the Man U- Leicester game or the Chelsea - Wolves game. Instead, they are showing a uncompetitive derby from London. Snooze fest...
I watched Juve/Fiorentina on ESPN+. now onto Napoli - they are showing the players in the nicely finished dressing rooms.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:44 PM

Just when you think Xhaka and Luiz make for the most comedic of defenders

Stones and Otamendi remind you that it could be even more farcical

trailing 3-1 at Carrow Road to recently promoted Norwich. Yikes!
Old 09-16-2019, 06:56 AM
Strong Walker

Quote:
I watched Juve/Fiorentina on ESPN+. now onto Napoli - they are showing the players in the nicely finished dressing rooms.
Ah, duel of the aging superstars . Standing ovations for FR7 after a lively performance. Fiorentina were the more active team, Juve a bit disappointing.

btw, the first half on Bayern Munich away in Leipzig was worth to watch. Best football i've seen in a while.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
and someone knocked Juve off its perch, for once!

also, Conte and Sarri are so catty. Like a bunch of emo high schoolers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by martl View Post
Ah, duel of the aging superstars . Standing ovations for FR7 after a lively performance. Fiorentina were the more active team, Juve a bit disappointing.

btw, the first half on Bayern Munich away in Leipzig was worth to watch. Best football i've seen in a while.
series of spectacular saves, and Müller showing why he deserves a starting spot.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:53 AM
Strong Walker

Quote:
and someone knocked Juve off its perch, for once!

also, Conte and Sarri are so catty. Like a bunch of emo high schoolers...

Quote:
series of spectacular saves, and Müller showing why he deserves a starting spot.
Gulasci must be the most underrated GK in the EU top leagues. Whenever i see him, he is rock solid with traces of genius.
He got the same a++ marks as Neuer did, who is back on track and proving that news of him having lost class were premature.

Last edited by martl; 09-16-2019 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:17 PM
needs adult supervision

Could someone please cut my love for Arsenal out of my heart? Norwich showed more fight against MC than the Gunners in the second half yesterday. Both literally and figuratively, there's no 'D' in Arsenal. Why, always, is their defense such a comedy of errors?