Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-2020, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff_duffy View Post
Any kid with a bit of training on a true racing bike and athletic ability can match those times. Sorry, nothing special. Challenge is very few athletic kids at 9 are riding race bikes so even if he crushes everyone at local race won’t tell you anything. Most kids are on soccer, baseball, football fields. Depending on area track and cross country teams may have few endurance athletes that are studs.

Also, I can average one speed in the hills and another on flat roads...are you riding solo or are you drafting off someone? At elevation? Traffic? No way to compare times.
I am not bragging about how fast my son is. We have been riding on the road bikes for a little over a couple of months now and I don't need a person like yourself telling me it's nothing special. You are not fostering " The Love of Cycling" with your remarks in the least bit... So not many kids are riding a lot at 9 years old. I guess you inadvertently gave me some useful information, thanks.

[Quote = Duffy duff... ]cross country teams may have few endurance athletes that are studs[/Quote]

Are you kidding me? Lol!
Old 05-16-2020, 11:55 PM

If he wants to race, find a local BMX track. He’ll learn bike handing, being in a pack, sprinting, and much more. Road racing will come later. My kid raced BMX from age 6-11, now he’s racing mtb, cx, and road at age 13.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:15 PM

Welcome to the forum! I really, really think you needed someone to tell you the times are not that special. I for one will be anxiously waiting for the report back from your professional cycling coach. My son loves biking, I don’t know how I did it without a professional coach

To the others providing awesome advice on this thread, thank you! The tips shunned by OP have been very insightful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloCastellano View Post
I am not bragging about how fast my son is. We have been riding on the road bikes for a little over a couple of months now and I don't need a person like yourself telling me it's nothing special. You are not fostering " The Love of Cycling" with your remarks in the least bit... So not many kids are riding a lot at 9 years old. I guess you inadvertently gave me some useful information, thanks.

[Quote = Duffy duff... ]cross country teams may have few endurance athletes that are studs
Are you kidding me? Lol![/QUOTE]
Old 05-29-2020, 01:18 PM

This one and the one with the guy who really, really wanted to get to the minimum post count so he could buy stuff from the classifieds were my favorite "Meltdown May" threads on the Paceline.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:20 PM

u cant blame him hahahaha we all did :P
Old 05-29-2020, 05:59 PM

Yep, I’m guilty. I think I even asked the mods for special treatment thinking I was all that. I’m not, nor did they think so if I recall correctly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
u cant blame him hahahaha we all did :P
Old 05-30-2020, 07:28 AM

The thing later one was that some scammers showed up and that put the moderators in alert mode.