Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Rides, Events, Gatherings and Charity events

Old 03-03-2017, 01:16 PM

Folsom CA

Hey everyone,

Im heading to Folsom CA for a job in the next few weeks and I was curious if anyone had suggestions on some good rides in that area.

I was also curious if there were must do trails/gravel roads near by.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2017, 01:17 AM
The bass playing cyclist

Just saw this now. Have you already taken your trip to Folsom? If not, I'd recommend jumping on the American River Trail and taking it from Folsom as far south as you can go, which should be Old Town Sacramento if Discovery Park isn't still flooded from all the rain. Should be lots of other cyclists on the trail to help you with directions if need be, and from Folsom to Old Sac and back, you're looking at a sixty-mile, car free ride. If you're looking for climbing, I'd go up into El Dorado Hills. I can link you some Strava's with some nice climbing routes if you want, and if you haven't already returned home by now.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPOJoe View Post
Just saw this now. Have you already taken your trip to Folsom? If not, I'd recommend jumping on the American River Trail and taking it from Folsom as far south as you can go, which should be Old Town Sacramento if Discovery Park isn't still flooded from all the rain. Should be lots of other cyclists on the trail to help you with directions if need be, and from Folsom to Old Sac and back, you're looking at a sixty-mile, car free ride. If you're looking for climbing, I'd go up into El Dorado Hills. I can link you some Strava's with some nice climbing routes if you want, and if you haven't already returned home by now.
Hey EPOJoe, I get down to Folsom pretty regularly for meetings, often with overnights, are you usually free evenings for a ride if I can get my bike down there? I'd be more motivated to get out in the area if I had a local tour guide..
Old 04-17-2017, 01:08 PM

It's been a while, but if you're comfortable riding on secondary roads with traffic there's nearly endless good rolling riding if you go east from Folsom in to the Sierra Foothills. MapMyRide and RideWithGPS and a Strava route search should all give you plenty of beta, but you're gonna love it. Great riding out there.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:19 PM

I did already take the trip but plan to be back soon. I found plenty of road to ride thanks to a local bike shop.

Thanks for getting back to me anyway!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2017, 12:19 AM
The bass playing cyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Hey EPOJoe, I get down to Folsom pretty regularly for meetings, often with overnights, are you usually free evenings for a ride if I can get my bike down there? I'd be more motivated to get out in the area if I had a local tour guide..
Evenings might be doable for me once the days start getting longer in the summer. Maybe if we can find a time when a bunch of folks will be in the area, we can get some kind of group ride together.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPOJoe View Post
Evenings might be doable for me once the days start getting longer in the summer. Maybe if we can find a time when a bunch of folks will be in the area, we can get some kind of group ride together.
I would be interested in that