Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-04-2020, 10:38 AM
'97 Ti Legend

How do you write a review on the Rapha site, grrrr

I know this is a total wintertime post, but seriously, how do you have a website with customer reviews and now way to write a review?

My wife bought me some of their merino boxers (at retail) in the Vancouver store a while back after I suffered a painful and humiliation crash during a downhill class at Whistler that left a tire print on my a$$ (the kid told me not to land back behind my seat when jumping, I should have listened) and my shorts in my rear wheel.

Anyway, I consider myself a merino wool aficionado am I am generally a big supporter of Rapha, I have a couple of their wool jerseys that may be older than a few of ya'll. But while comfortable and an excellent fit, in regular cool weather rotation with other wool briefs (Ibex, Smartwool, Icebreaker, even Stoic) most of which are older than the Raphas, I just noticed these have worn holes in two place. Closer look, they are not 100% merino, they are a blend, and for $50 boxers, their longevity is crap.

Cut to the chase, I went to review the boxers on their site, there are 20 reviews, mostly positive, but several critique them for longevity issues, but there seems to be no way to actually write a review. Is there a trick I'm missing? Can you only review items you personally bought on their site? Seems odd to have reviews but not have them open to customers.

Anyway, felt frustrating, I figured I'd ask here, and write up the review anyway, so it would pop up if someone searched for info on Rapha Merino Boxers. Now I'm going to bundle up and go ride my MTB.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:55 AM

Rapha sends you a followup email post-purchase asking you if you'd like to review your item(s) purchased.

Don't see a way to leave anonymous reviews on the website. Probably got sick of moderating / deleting spammy reviews. I personally don't mind a site only allowing reviews from verified purchasers.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:30 AM

FWIW thanks for posting here because I’ve never heard this side of the story when it comes to these boxers.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:48 AM
'97 Ti Legend

Eh, fair enough, but I bought them in store live, I don't remember if I was asked if I had a Rapha account to link it to, certainly I would not have retained my receipt for all this time for some future review if things went pear shaped. I'm sure they look at reviews before they post anyway, everyone does, and I have a name and address in their system, if I were signed into their site it would hardly be anonymous. That just seems like a way to limit the pool of reviewers, and likely get more reviews when things are shiny and new, but it makes it hard to follow up when you actually want to review something.

I wonder if they follow up when you buy their stuff from another dealer, Comp. Cyclist used to have their stuff for sale.

Anyway, no big deal, thanks for clarifying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur Toast View Post
Rapha sends you a followup email post-purchase asking you if you'd like to review your item(s) purchased.

Don't see a way to leave anonymous reviews on the website. Probably got sick of moderating / deleting spammy reviews. I personally don't mind a site only allowing reviews from verified purchasers.

Last edited by DRZRM; 12-04-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:12 PM

i have had a few pairs of these, more of the normal ones and a set of the padded ones... longevity, isn't great. Maybe because of the wool issue but like OP said not 100% I cant help with the review aspect, however.

Not buying them again, but im not that into rapha to begin with.

I used to work for a shop way back when they had a few shop dealers, and before they started setting up their own shops. Can say for the most part, not treated very well even for selling a heck of a lot of kit those few years for a tiny shop.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:42 PM
#RYFB

I find their online customer service very good, suggest you try asking them live for a link to offer a review (not sure this will work, just an idea).

If you don't see the chat bug pop up in the bottom right of the page at first, just wait a bit, since the chat's only available if there's an agent on the other side.

Good fortune.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:33 PM

Maybe if you create and account on their website there'll be a feature where you could submit a review using your purchase number or something.

Tags
boxers, merino, rapha