Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-22-2020, 09:01 PM

Interview with Grant Petersen of Rivendell

https://us4.campaign-archive.com/?u=...&id=30439a5c43 (scroll about 3/4 down the page)
Old 02-22-2020, 10:05 PM

He is what he seems and I have been a fan since my 1989 MB-3, Rivendell Allrounder, Ramboulliet and the final Romulus prototype that I bought for my wife. My last roadish bike is my Rambo as built with 3x9 Ultegra. I may swap the Nitto Noodles on a Technomic stem for Moustache bars on a Dirt Drop stem because at 77 I'm not as flexible as I once was. Or maybe I should face reality and sell it.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:55 AM

What's with the leaving a neckerchief under rocks? I always carry the scrag end of a toilet roll in my handlebar bag for those times when the need arises and the portolet hasn't been restocked, and I'm not even going out in the wilderness. As Tom Lehrer sang back in 1953, Be Prepared...
Old 02-23-2020, 07:40 AM

Seeing I now ride a Riv Ram now as my only ride, I understand what Grant is saying on this post. The ram is far from fast, but neither am I. It’s a comfortable ride that rides, tracks well. Carries what I need and I enjoy it.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:16 AM

My first real road bike as an adult was a 1992 Bridgestone RB-2 and CB-0 for around Queens (picking up pizza and groceries). Then I got a yellow 1993 RB-1 with the cool Tom Ritchey fork crown (I loved that color and paint scheme). I even had the 1993 orange XO-1.

Later my wife and I were early sign-ons for Rivendell Roads built by Waterford. They've all been replaced but i still may try to get a yellow RB-1 and put downtime shifters on it.

I still have my Bridgestone catalogs and color block posters, as well as my coin purse from the BOB (Bridgestone Owners Bunch - Pineapple Bob was cool).

Cool stuff...and way different marketing than today.