Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-2024, 06:18 PM
LateStart

Rapha Ripoff Alert...

I saw this in my FB feed, pretty sure it's a ripoff...

raphashops.life

REAL Rapha is at:

Rapha.cc

Be warned...

Last edited by William; 04-29-2024 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-29-2024, 06:36 PM

Thanks.

Last edited by makoti; 04-29-2024 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-29-2024, 06:41 PM
LateStart

Confirmed FAKE

From Rapha official PR Department:
Thanks so much for sharing. We are aware of this particular site and actively working on dealing with it along with a few others!!! Fake sites are heavier than ever at the moment and targeting many brands. Keep eyes on high alert!!
Old 04-29-2024, 06:59 PM
#RYFB

Pretty sure I mentioned this in another thread. I saw an ad linking to that site on Instagram, reported is as a scam/fraud, and they rejected my complaint. Zuck cares more about the ad dollars than protecting users.

And yes, OP, please remove the hyperlink.
Old 04-29-2024, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoti View Post
I'd make that link non-clickable...
Done!

W.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:28 PM

PSA to be super wary of this in the cycling space – there are hundreds of such stores popping up, targeting all sorts of brands. If you want to read more about this phenomenon I wrote this article trying to untangle it all (it's interesting, or at least I think so!): https://escapecollective.com/cycling...ossible-enemy/
Old 04-29-2024, 08:33 PM

There’s a similar site for Cyclus tools - as always, prices too good to be true are just that! But I too saw the “Rapha” site via FB …
Old 04-29-2024, 10:21 PM

WOW! I saw the link this morning, clicked on it and was fooled. I didn't order anything, but I figured with Rapha's cutting of staff, they must be blowing out inventory at incredibly low prices. I didn't even make the connection until this thread. Yeah, FB needs to get there arse kicked. Rapha and the others who are being compromised should band together for a class action suit.
Old 04-30-2024, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaint View Post
PSA to be super wary of this in the cycling space – there are hundreds of such stores popping up, targeting all sorts of brands. If you want to read more about this phenomenon I wrote this article trying to untangle it all (it's interesting, or at least I think so!): https://escapecollective.com/cycling...ossible-enemy/
Thanks for chiming in on this, interesting article that I'd missed the first time through. You guys have really hit stride lately, happy to be a subscriber and supporter.
Old 04-30-2024, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
Pretty sure I mentioned this in another thread. I saw an ad linking to that site on Instagram, reported is as a scam/fraud, and they rejected my complaint. Zuck cares more about the ad dollars than protecting users.
I saw the same type of thing with Darn Tough socks, I sent them the link, and they told me that they were working on it saw it again a couple of days later, and while they didn't come right out and say it, but between the lines they said what you are saying.
Old 04-30-2024, 09:05 AM

Part of me has to appreciate the ingenuity of some dude in Africa that has absolutely nothing and the barest of resources reaching into the west and catfishing those that seem to have all the resources. Finding a way to exploit the situation. If they were born in the west they'd probably have invented Facebook or a mortgage crisis

Are they necessarily wrong? Dunno. There certainly is some irony at work here. Kinda funny is some ways given the disparity of wealth and that sort of thing combined with some pearl clutching. Greed is what makes us a mark

I find it kinda funny
Old 04-30-2024, 09:58 AM

This indeed is food for thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
Part of me has to appreciate the ingenuity of some dude in Africa that has absolutely nothing and the barest of resources reaching into the west and catfishing those that seem to have all the resources. Finding a way to exploit the situation. If they were born in the west they'd probably have invented Facebook or a mortgage crisis

Are they necessarily wrong? Dunno. There certainly is some irony at work here. Kinda funny is some ways given the disparity of wealth and that sort of thing combined with some pearl clutching. Greed is what makes us a mark

I find it kinda funny