Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-13-2020, 03:13 PM
Vendor

This was one of the main requirements for the bag. We wanted to keep the weight as close to the bar as possible while still also allowing you to access all the regular hand positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMiller View Post
Love how it looks like you can still use the inner flats of the handlebar even with the bar bag attached. Excited to see how it works out!
Old 08-13-2020, 03:16 PM
Vendor

I think it is a startrek tricorder toy. You can put anything you want on top with a stick on garmin mount. A couple different companies make them. That is how we are providing a phone mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
On the website there’s an animated image of someone attaching different devices to the top... what’s that green device that flips open?

And great looking design.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:21 PM

Hey Ryan, Really cool that you worked on this. I like the looks of it. I used a similarly sized bag, Swift Industries Paloma with the Klickfix clamps on a long credit card tour last summer and found it about the perfect size. The only issue I had was that on a really rough dirt section of road that caused the bag to rotate a bit downward. I had to torque the clamps down pretty good with a Silca phillips. Wondering how the clamp system on this one works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycletricycle View Post
I have been working on the team that developed this bag and I am really happy to see it posted here. I have really enjoyed being a part of the community and will be happy to answer any questions you guys have about the bag. I am also trying to organize some kind of Paceline discount for the bag when it launches.

Thanks
Ryan
Old 08-13-2020, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routewerks View Post
I think it is a startrek tricorder toy. You can put anything you want on top with a stick on garmin mount. A couple different companies make them. That is how we are providing a phone mount.
That’s funny, thanks for the info. I work in nature often with gadgets collecting data, so was hoping it was some cool device I’d never heard of and needed to get. Ha, nope.

Also, I think I spy a photo taken in the walkway over 195 to India Point Park.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:28 PM
ZhugeLiang

It's destined for this bike.

FINALLY.

Do I need to get rid of the cables in front?

Old 08-13-2020, 03:38 PM
Vendor

We have done a few things to mitigate that kind of problem.

1. Our mount is CNC machined aluminum with two split clamps that use 4mm bolts. The bag clamp should have about as good of a hold of your bars as most stems. You will need to consult with your handlebar manufacturer to make sure they are compatible with bolt on accessories like clip on bars.

2. Our bag is also smaller than the Swift Paloma and will most likely have a lower maximum weight rating. We are putting safety first and really want to make sure our bag performs as promised. We have been putting a lot of miles on the bag and we have not had any slip problems so far. I think we will be working on a larger version as a follow up but for now we are swamped getting this bag out into the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bici-Sonora View Post
Hey Ryan, Really cool that you worked on this. I like the looks of it. I used a similarly sized bag, Swift Industries Paloma with the Klickfix clamps on a long credit card tour last summer and found it about the perfect size. The only issue I had was that on a really rough dirt section of road that caused the bag to rotate a bit downward. I had to torque the clamps down pretty good with a Silca phillips. Wondering how the clamp system on this one works?
Old 08-13-2020, 03:39 PM
Vendor

All the pics are from RI, we are based in Providence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
That’s funny, thanks for the info. I work in nature often with gadgets collecting data, so was hoping it was some cool device I’d never heard of and needed to get. Ha, nope.

Also, I think I spy a photo taken in the walkway over 195 to India Point Park.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:46 PM

Welcome to the forum!

My wife is getting a new bike and she may want a bag like that. I'll check with her.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:48 PM

Bag weight?
Old 08-13-2020, 03:49 PM
Vendor

We have not tried it with older STI units so I cant tell you how well it will work with those cables. You may be able to fit the bag in there but no promises. Also, we are launching with a clamp that is for oversize bars. A few companies make 26.0mm-31.8mm and 25.4mm to 31.8mm narrow stem shims that may work for smaller bars but we have not done any testing or endorsed any particular version yet. If we get enough requests we may make some of our own.

Nice Riv. Who built that beauty? An original waterford build? Joe Starck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
It's destined for this bike.

FINALLY.

Do I need to get rid of the cables in front?

Old 08-13-2020, 03:51 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpw View Post
Bag weight?
I don't know if we have an official answer to that question. The pre-production samples we have should be close to production weight but are still made using some prototype processes/materials that are not 100% representative of the finished product. I will check and see if we have a projected final weight.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:00 PM
ZhugeLiang

Thank you for your response.

I bought it used a couple of years ago, it's my "favorite" bike. From my research, I gather that it was Waterford-built, circa 96/97 Road Standard.

Last edited by weisan; 08-13-2020 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:08 PM
Vendor

Great, we are doing a Kickstarter launch so it will be some time before the bags are shipped. We are working with a few different manufacturers right now to finalize production details. We originally hoped to have these shipped for December but I am not sure if the schedule is still in line with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinmurph View Post
Welcome to the forum!

My wife is getting a new bike and she may want a bag like that. I'll check with her.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:12 PM

Looks very nice. Unfortunately, I don't think this will work with the Cygolite Expilion that I have mounted on my handlebars.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:15 PM
v a n i l l a

Lots of potential here - since round bars only how far from center line of stem is the left and the right clamp?