Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 08:17 PM
No one cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinkozmo View Post
what is up with that ??? how much weed have they been smoking since legalization ???
All of it, Bro.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:19 PM
aka RAEKWON

the thing too is they could have made some cool bikes, they already had the factory connections, why not make bikes people want? make some crust style bikes instead of making double top tube bikes no one wants or other calamities.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:20 PM

Wait, you mean asking people for gift card purchases regularly to keep the cash flow going is not a sustainable business model?

Shocker.

I just imagine a warehouse full of axes in Walnut Creek that they can't move, standing around baffled why they aren't selling like hotcakes. What do cyclists need? Axes!
Old 12-29-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
Isn't the holiday season the biggest take of the year for bike stuff too? If they are hurting after the biggest sales revenue days now I don't see how it improves in January and February.

At what point does it resemble a pyramid scheme versus a survival ploy?
Holiday has never been great for bikes. People buy them in season when they can ride them. Bike shop bikes anyway.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:25 PM

Annual gofundme. Interesting business model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2018, 09:10 PM

Rivi Relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
Holiday has never been great for bikes. People buy them in season when they can ride them. Bike shop bikes anyway.
Thanks for that. Well that's good news for Rivendell. I thought if they missed the meat of sales they would surely starve over the lean months.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:11 PM

Sounds like their prototype is a failure too

Quote:
FLASH: I loaded it with 40lb and rode it and it's as squiggly and a sopping noodle. Scary squiggly, not for the meek or faint or anybody not able to keep his or her composure, for sure. The YEPP is rated to 45lb, and the Internet says a typical 45 pounder is 5 years old, and I say that's old enough to pedal, at least on one of those trailer bikes. Or a rear trailer, or something other than a front-mounter like this. Vince rode it, too.

So we're going to experiment with adding bracing tubes, and maybe bigger tubes. The length is great. We just have to stiffen it.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Buy a credit if you can...if you think you'd be buying something in the next month or two, anyway. It'd help. But we aren't "Hail Mary" desperate. This isn't another one of those.
we are not begging but we sort of are
Old 12-29-2018, 09:27 PM

Never mind the bike sale bit where it's casually thrown in the business needs the money more than Grant needs the bike.

Just...ugh....
Old 12-29-2018, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post

I just imagine a warehouse full of axes in Walnut Creek that they can't move, standing around baffled why they aren't selling like hotcakes. What do cyclists need? Axes!
thank you flash.

i needed a good laugh tonight. maybe i didnt need to laugh the mixed cocktail i'm sipping out my nose, but i did need a laugh. hilarious!

Axes!!
Old 12-29-2018, 09:51 PM

He should take it full circle and seriously promote the East market, as in Japan and the far east. Isn't that how Rapha is keeping it together right now?
Old 12-29-2018, 09:58 PM

Man,..I concur. They should be pushing their bikes as the first all road bikes. Holy cow.If this isn't their time..I dunno what is! Seriously..am I crazy? They should be killing it in this market.

What am I missing?

And yeah..I've always wondered ...What is up with the axes and pine tar soap? Does grizzly Adams ride their bikes? I've seriously wondered this but always thought it was a favor for some friend of Grant's.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
thank you flash.

i needed a good laugh tonight. maybe i didnt need to laugh the mixed cocktail i'm sipping out my nose, but i did need a laugh. hilarious!

Axes!!
My sympathies for your sinuses. That's never fun.

But seriously, a bike company's first item in a holiday gift guide is two forms of boutique axe?

I commend Grant for what Rivendell does and the philosophy behind the place, but boutique axes and buying in 40 copies of a book on a whim that you have no clue will sell provide more insight into why the business is where it is than anything else.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:08 PM

Riv once told me it’s a waste of their time to pack and ship small orders to me.

Do with that as you wish.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:26 PM

Never go to their website because im not in their bikes, but after reading axes and soap had to go and look... well...there must be a reason why they tried to expand the thing with axes and soap, would love to know why those two in specific, maybe helping a friend?

They continued keeping their line of ideas, not much of companies online selling their type of stuff so they had their clientele, now... imo the problem is that sells are slow all over the place. Is not that an online store killed them, their niche in bikes is super specific.

Hope gets better for them, the only thing is that I hope they toss that baby carrier bike thing, bad idea.

"Riv once told me it’s a waste of their time to pack and ship small orders to me.", probably now they are realizing that the tiny stuff is what would keep them a float.
Closed Thread