Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-20-2018, 07:24 PM

One thing about the housing that passes through the length of the tube is that it is relatively straight, and I think that straighter coiled (brake) housing is less compressible than when it is curved. So I think it will be good, braking wise.

On bikes with external housing stops that I service, the rear short length of housing develops all kinds of friction during a typical service interval when the bike is being used with much regularity. I suspect that a lot of dirty air passes through a cable housing with an end that faces forward.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
Yes, just give them that diagram; they can't go wrong with that.

That blue color is fantastic! Excellent choice. This is going to be very nice. I'll do a search for Maverick's Tecno.

Too bad I sold this Deda HPS stuff a while ago. The stem is +/-8°, so maybe a bit shallow for you, but the finish would be perfect.

Yeah i saw you posted those before. Nice dident even know they existed before i saw those pics.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
One thing about the housing that passes through the length of the tube is that it is relatively straight, and I think that straighter coiled (brake) housing is less compressible than when it is curved. So I think it will be good, braking wise.

On bikes with external housing stops that I service, the rear short length of housing develops all kinds of friction during a typical service interval when the bike is being used with much regularity. I suspect that a lot of dirty air passes through a cable housing with an end that faces forward.
Yeah i have a relative long toptube but i think it will be okay. Are you saying that housing that is laid out straight will compress less than the same lenght housing that has more bends? Possible i guess, never thought about that.
Would seem to require the housing to actually elongate some when beeing bent and it does have some resistance when bending it so seems plausible to my pseudo scientist moment .)