Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2018, 01:24 AM

Eroica California 2019: Group Camp, Morro Bay, April 05-07?

Eroica California has moved the start/finish from its former location in Paso Robles out to the coast in Cambria.

There's not too many accommodations out in Cambria, and those that are available tend to be pretty pricey.

I'm wondering if anyone wants to share a group campsite in Morro Bay State Park from Friday 4/05/2019 through Sunday morning 4/07/2019. There's an option for a group of up to 10 vehicles and 25 people, away from the regular cluster of campsites.

California State Parks open for reservations six months in advance, so I'd (or we'd) need to make the reservations in 10-14 days from now.

Anyone interested?
Old 09-21-2018, 03:49 PM

Too early to think about?
Old 09-21-2018, 04:14 PM
#RYFB

Too early for me, but I'm potentially interested.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:17 PM

I have considered doing this ride for a few years however never have. With a new start location I would just be another neophyte like everyone else. Please throw my name in and let us know of any developments.
Thanks, Marc Sasso
Old 09-22-2018, 03:21 AM

Probably doing it.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:37 PM

Welp, I tried to reserve one of the group campsites for April 05, staying two nights, and both were already booked.

I'm not doing the "Nuovo Eroica" on Saturday. Just the Classic "Coastal/Scalatore" on Sunday. At this point, I'll probably get a single campsite at Morro Bay State Park for one night, Saturday 06 April 2019. I can add a second vehicle to that campsite with no issue, but only two vehicles are allowed per campsite.

If anyone else wants to join in on this, let me know by Friday 12 October 2018. If we get enough people, I'm happy to reserve a block of smaller campsites.

If you're at all on the fence about it, I highly recommend the event. Only one time in three rides did I have anyone question how authentic my setup was; everyone else was out for a great day riding beautiful vintage bikes through beautiful country. I can point you towards a slew of repro vintage jerseys, and if you're thinking about flying in, I might be able to point you towards some resources for shipping bikes into and out of the area.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:47 PM
#RYFB

Thanks Marc. I'm pretty sure I've convinced my brother to join, now that he has a path to the compact switchover, so 90+% I'm in. But I think we'll go the hotel route rather than camping.

Please post/PM the link to retro jerseys.

If anyone is interested in a green/white/black repro Masi jersey in large let me know -- will part with it for a bargain price since it's way too big for me.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:34 PM

I’m interested, two people - one car. I’m planning on attending but haven’t thought about logistics or lodging.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
Via AliExpress, seller/manufacturer "JIASHUO" has more than enough choices. Search AliExpress for "JIASHUO retro classical". I have one of their San Pellegrino jerseys and it's fantastic for the price, ~15USD delivered.

You can also search eBay cycling jerseys by giving a year, and a bunch will come up. Like so: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...5&_sacat=56183.

Although, if you're riding your Gios, I've got a "Brooklyn"/De Vlaeminck jersey you should wear if it fits you. Kind of a club-fit medium.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:36 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhespenheide View Post
Although, if you're riding your Gios, I've got a "Brooklyn"/De Vlaeminck jersey you should wear if it fits you. Kind of a club-fit medium.
Well that's a damned nice offer of you. I think the same way, still remember that when I got my Gios new (1978) one of the items in the package was some marketing material with de Vlaeminck on the cover. Brooklyn is the only jersey I associate with Gios (though Magliamo has a Vermeer jersey with a Gios patch on it).

I was thinking of buying this one for Eroica: https://www.moltenicycling.com/colle...rooklyn-jersey
Old 10-09-2018, 12:17 AM
il Curmudgeoni

Quote:
Woolistic (Very well made, the standard for production IMO) https://www.vintagevelos.com/en/

These are great for the price and you can add embroidery http://www.oregoncyclewear.com/orderwooljerseys.html

These are supposed to be very nice. https://www.soigneur.co.nz/

Forum member owned and will do a one off custom for a great price. http://global.cimacoppi.cc/ They made this for me last year....complete with front pockets.

Quote:
Well that's a damned nice offer of you. I think the same way, still remember that when I got my Gios new (1978) one of the items in the package was some marketing material with de Vlaeminck on the cover. Brooklyn is the only jersey I associate with Gios (though Magliamo has a Vermeer jersey with a Gios patch on it).

I was thinking of buying this one for Eroica: https://www.moltenicycling.com/colle...rooklyn-jersey
I have no experience with them and I've often considered buying one of the Magliamo jerseys but a recent post on another forum has me leery. The poster complained that his Magliamo jersey uses clear nylon thread on the embroidery and that "it feels like having 100 pins sticking in my body".