Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-16-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSteve View Post
Thank you so much for putting so much thought into this!

I had a bike storage unit for a couple years that I rented from the county, hels 2 bikes. We had a really wet winter last year and it leaked. Badly! I gave it up.

We have a shared garage, so that’s out.

Our building is very modern. Made up of high tension rods and concrete. Cannot drill into the ceiling. Big no no!

Www.azzurrahoa.com check it out.

Believe me when I tell you that we have exhausted all practical storage solutions. There are rental storage units in our building, but they are $100.00 a month. Doesn’t seem worth it to spend $1,200.00 a year to store one 12 year old bike that I’m not sure if I’ll ride again...

Again, thank you for the links and info.
OK - Don't drill. Plenty of adhesives that can hold 100 lbs... scuff the area up, use the right concoction. I am certain we have engineers on the forum who are versed in what is available. Heck, Glue a sheet of wood to the ceiling. Surface area is your friend... then attach whatever hook / system to that sheet. You can even brace the corner/edges. Best of luck!

Nice building BTW...
Old 09-16-2019, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampyer View Post
If this were your 595, I would say sell it (which you obviously must have already done). The thing about an Ottrott is, they are no longer made; no one will ever make a ti/carbon frame with all of the “complications” of an Ottrott; if you find an Ottrott that really suits you, it’s a thing of beauty (ride-wise); if you sell it, the chances of you finding another that matches it are low...

If you truly think that you’ll never go back to rim brakes, then it doesn’t name sense to keep it. But built up with lightweight tubulars, it should be around 15 lbs... it’s fun to ride a bike like that from time to time...
I sold off all my rim brake bikes earlier this year.

I’m down to 2 bikes. Pinarello Dogma K10-S disk bike and a custom No22 Ti Aurora disk bike. Oh, and the Ottrott in storage.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:54 PM
Old, Fat & Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSteve View Post
I have a set of Reynolds Aero 46 rim brake wheels. Can I just replace the front hub? But there may be a problem finding a 20 hole centerlock thru axle 100 x 12 hub.

Thoughts?
Bitex makes a 20h front hub. Built a CX wheelset out of Bitex hubs last year. Made sure taht I sold those wheels to a lightweight rider.

I was very up front with the 'you need to be light' part of the ad.

24h seems to be much more common for disc wheels tho.

M
Old 09-18-2019, 04:07 PM

You want 24, 2x minimum for disc wheels.