Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Rides, Events, Gatherings and Charity events

Old 12-22-2017, 06:22 PM

2018!

signed up again for next year! hope to maybe meet some of you paceliners there
Old 12-22-2017, 07:01 PM

im signed up. we'll be in touch as it gets closer and I can confirm i'll be selected. the selection process is apparently putting precedence on unfinished business starters from last year and people that didn't get in so im hoping ill get picked.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:31 PM

expanded roster to 240!!! sounds like everyone who submitted a form during the allotted time frame is racing!! Its very very fun. Im definitely looking forward to this
Old 08-06-2018, 09:16 AM

11 more sleeps. getting super excited and a little anxious.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:45 PM

tailwind through the night then switching to headwind in light. luckily its a small 5-8mph wind. itll be good and just think only 60 mi between ea stop. makes it manageable mentally. i'll be at the evening meeting/checkin. look for a guy drinking beer and a huge smile on face bc its his mental vacation I can also be recognized by a western pearl snap shortsleeve button down t shirt as the "kit" of choice and a british green black mountain cycles monstercross set up SS.

good luck to you jensenn enjoy the ride.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:04 PM
aka RAEKWON

you guys have a good ride!
Old 08-17-2018, 08:28 PM

Solomons Island Cycling

Have a great ride!

There is a local club rider attending alone (family support) since the gent who influenced him to ride backed out. If you see Austin he is fun to ride with.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:22 AM

I don't know about you other guys but this ride WRECKED me. wowsa. I rode it ss again this year. gearing was fine felt decent until a guy crashed at mi 200. He snapped his bike, helmet, and collarbone. we waited to make sure he had someone there since he hit his head hard enough to break his lid and collarbone. stood around for quite some time waiting for a race organizer to show up and wait with him until his wife arrived. when we got moving again things came unraveled for me. I SUFFERED through the last 40 mi hard. that finish line was a sight for sore eyes,(legs,feet,back, neck,shoulders,QUADS, etc)
just wrecked. hahaha as always the people attending these events are top notch. gravel riders have a sense of camaraderie that is definitely not present in the roadie world. im not a mtb'er so no idea there.

Super well organized, the last half truly has some stunning sections of winding rolling hills and riverbottoms. I think i had 245 mi total with somewhere between 6600 and 8000' all of our garmins were different. Jensenn what did you have for elevation?

met some great people and had a ton of fun with a little more drama than i planned on. That guy is ok and ended up winning a twin six standard rando frame for being the guy with the worst luck on the course.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:52 AM

Luke, my garmin mysteriously died at mile 225 and i had to use Carolyn's garmin for my strava data. We rode together the whole time and we got 7,200' of elevation. I feel I keep saying this but we can't thank you enough for letting my friend borrow your bike. I'm finally back to New York and slowly catching up on everything after being away for a couple weeks. Pictures and a more detailed report in a couple of days.