Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-22-2018, 05:07 PM

Semi OT: Garmin Fenix as a golf watch

Garmin has a purpose built golf watch called the approach which is basically a Fenix with a touch screen and some nice features like yardage adjusted for elevation changes. But is is essentially a Fenix.

Fenix also supports some golf stuff and does a whole lot more. I barely use all the stuff on my Garmin bike computer or Apple Watch (which I don't love.)

Wondering if anyone has experience with either the Fenix or approach as golf tool for distance and club selection, etc. and can compare as well as the Fenix generally.

I like real watches, so less worried about an everyday device. Don't count steps and sadly am not active enough to need to quantify and store everything.

The kicker is that I can get a hookup on the Fenix which might bring the price closer to the Approach.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:10 PM
Administrator

i dont golf, so i cant help there, but will say the fenix 5s is the best running watch i've ever used, and th ebest part is the smaller size. at 42mm it's closer to what i wear every day. the regular fenix, IMO, is just TOO big for basic use, and i would think it might be too bulky when swinging golf clubs - so long story short, i dont know the case size of the approach, but consider the 5s for it's smaller case size alone...