Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-25-2018, 02:30 PM

Middle class white folks are leading the charge in the race to the bottom For those of you that think 35 points is price gouging...I would love to know what you do for a living. More than happy to armchair QB on how you're overpaid and lame in your career choice.

Successful bike retailers, and I am one, pay attention to the details. Pick your partners wisely and steer clear of those without strong MAP. Provide great service and steal a march when you can. Pay as you go and be aware of cash flow. Own your real estate and don't let reps talk you into anything. Stock the bare minimum and utilize just in time inventory. We do full service ski in the winter and that enables the bike scene , and vice versa. If you have a crappy partner that ditches stuff on the web, jettison them immediately. Sound easy? Give it a whirl, I need some weekend help. I provide the beer
Old 03-25-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
I suspect, as has been rumored, that distribution to consumers will be more regional..as in..want to buy some assos bibs? live in UK? Buy from UK reseller, type thing. PLUS some expiration of trade deals in Europe or the UK with manufacturers..Manufacturers tightening up their distribution.
Lots of products have their own bargain outlet such as Asso's. https://www.assosfactoryoutlet.com/ If you keep your eyes open sites like Planet Cyclery has very discounted pricing for Campagnolo and Shimano as well as Continental tires. Not all the time but usually a couple times a year that mimic the pricing we were getting from Europe a few years ago.

Last edited by bobswire; 03-25-2018 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 04:36 PM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
Middle class white folks are leading the charge in the race to the bottom For those of you that think 35 points is price gouging...I would love to know what you do for a living. More than happy to armchair QB on how you're overpaid and lame in your career choice.

Successful bike retailers, and I am one, pay attention to the details. Pick your partners wisely and steer clear of those without strong MAP. Provide great service and steal a march when you can. Pay as you go and be aware of cash flow. Own your real estate and don't let reps talk you into anything. Stock the bare minimum and utilize just in time inventory. We do full service ski in the winter and that enables the bike scene , and vice versa. If you have a crappy partner that ditches stuff on the web, jettison them immediately. Sound easy? Give it a whirl, I need some weekend help. I provide the beer
Well said, welcome to the jungle.....
Old 03-25-2018, 04:38 PM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobswire View Post
Lots of products have their own bargain outlet such as Asso's. https://www.assosfactoryoutlet.com/ If you keep your eyes open sites like Planet Cyclery has very discounted pricing for Campagnolo and Shimano as well as Continental tires. Not all the time but usually a couple times a year that mimic the pricing we were getting from Europe a few years ago.
But remember, planet cycelry has a ‘self’ warranty only. NO factory support.