Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-23-2019, 09:21 PM
SageOfMilwaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
Like I've always said - Curry is pretty good, but Fred Van Vleet is the best shooter in the NBA.
Respectfully,

You should go see a doctor, or pass whatever you are on around so we can all be in the clouds.
Fred is a bench player. Plays well, but not in the same universe.

-Planet Earth

Last edited by kppolich; 05-23-2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kppolich View Post
Respectfully,

You should go see a doctor, or pass whatever you are on around so we can all be in the clouds.
Fred is a bench player. Plays well, but not in the same universe.

-Planet Earth
Oh for a sarcasm tag on the internet.

FVV Senior is having a great game (currently 5/6 from 3 as I type) and he welcomed FVV Junior a couple days ago. Great week to be a Van Vleet.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:02 PM

HUGE win for the Raptors!
Old 05-23-2019, 10:08 PM

Wow, yeah, great game, so many of my co-workers were pessimistic about the Raptors chances against the Bucks. Amazing!
Old 05-24-2019, 07:23 AM

The Raptors were so impressive last night. I'm happy for them and their fans, finally working past all those previous failures.

Sucks for Milwaukee too - they are playing well, just losing to the variance of FVV and Ibaka having an amazing last 2 games.

Somehow, I still think this is headed for 7 games.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:25 AM
Registered (ab)User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
I think the '97 Bulls could beat the Dubs. MJ and Pippen were superior at both ends. Bison Dele was an enigmatic and free spirited "5" who could score. Kucoc presaged Nowitzki. And how long before Rodman got Draymond T'd up?

Y'know, I thought I'd watched all the NBA playoff games in the 90s, but until I read ^^^this I had never even heard the name Bison Dele.

"Brian Williams" I will concede sounds vaguely familiar...but I guess I always associate Luc Longley or Bill Cartwright -- or even Robert Parish -- with the center spot on those Bulls teams. Am I thinking of the early 90s?

Anyhow, fascinating off-court drama about this Dele guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bison_Dele
Old 05-24-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
Y'know, I thought I'd watched all the NBA playoff games in the 90s, but until I read ^^^this I had never even heard the name Bison Dele.

"Brian Williams" I will concede sounds vaguely familiar...but I guess I always associate Luc Longley or Bill Cartwright -- or even Robert Parish -- with the center spot on those Bulls teams. Am I thinking of the early 90s?

Anyhow, fascinating off-court drama about this Dele guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bison_Dele
Did you forget about Bill Wennington too?
Old 05-24-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:

I had totally forgotten that The Chief had played in Chicago for a season. That should be put in the memory hole, just like Jordan on the Wizards or Ichiro anywhere except Seattle or Emmitt Smith in Arizona.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:

A couple of interesting (to me anyway) codas to Dele's sad demise:

I played basketball and trained with Dele's brother at the JCC in San Francisco during the early 90s. Almost as big as his brother. Spoke very admiringly of him. Seemed like a really nice guy. For all I know, he was. What happened on that boat will be forever shrouded in mystery.

Also: one of my favorite college textbooks was "The Worlds Great Religions" by W. Huston Smith. A classic. Still have a copy. His granddaughter was Dele's girlfriend who was with him on the boat...
Old 05-25-2019, 11:18 AM

Can anyone explain what's happening to the Bucks? Is their lack of playoff experience (and the concomitant experience of Leonard, Gasol, Ibaka, etc..) coming back to haunt them?

The Bucks have an incredibly deep roster. (Of course, I thought the same thing about the Celts, and look what happened to them...)

Which team do people think will be the tougher matchup for the Dubs? I would think all the length of the Bucks would be a factor. I think controlling the boards would be key to have any chance against the Dubs...
Old 05-25-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Can anyone explain what's happening to the Bucks? Is their lack of playoff experience (and the concomitant experience of Leonard, Gasol, Ibaka, etc..) coming back to haunt them?

The Bucks have an incredibly deep roster. (Of course, I thought the same thing about the Celts, and look what happened to them...)

Which team do people think will be the tougher matchup for the Dubs? I would think all the length of the Bucks would be a factor. I think controlling the boards would be key to have any chance against the Dubs...
Combination I believe; this is new for them, Raptors have more experience, and their shooters are streaky.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Like I've always said - Curry is pretty good, but Fred Van Vleet is the best shooter in the NBA.
One more time for the people in the back!
Old 05-25-2019, 10:14 PM

Holy cow!
Old 05-25-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
One more time for the people in the back!
I am saddened we didn't get to hear Kawhi laugh in the post-game.

Unreal effort. We the North indeed.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:33 PM

Warriors in 5