Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-23-2019, 09:14 PM

Bikeonline (Italy) retailer orders?

Anyone ever use Bikeonline in Italy? Looking at a WR Compositi seatpost and their price is by far the best I've found, but wonder if anyone has used them before and could provide feedback before I go ahead with the purchase ...

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-23-2019, 10:38 PM

If you're checking in here, guessing it's not so great
Old 05-24-2019, 04:11 AM

No I’m simply inquiring as to whether anyone might have some personal experience with this particular retailer. Nothing suspicious about the site, just doing some due diligence ...
Old 05-24-2019, 08:36 AM

We have our fav sites, seen that italian website but never got anything from them.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
If you're checking in here, guessing it's not so great
Ridiculous, and a completely useless reply. If you do not know, then why comment at all?

People "check in here" all the time to ask questions about products, vendors, etc., that they do not have any experience with, and many of the replies are far from "not so great". So, why answer that way about something you know nothing about? Very strange.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgp View Post
Anyone ever use Bikeonline in Italy? Looking at a WR Compositi seatpost and their price is by far the best I've found, but wonder if anyone has used them before and could provide feedback before I go ahead with the purchase ...

Thanks in advance!
bikeonline.it is in fact quite good, very much the opposite of "not so great".

The owner's name is Davide Gentili, and he is very professional (in correspondence; I do not know him personally). They are one of the three best vendors in Italy of WR Compositi products (the others are Cicli Corsa and Clemenzo Cycling; all three order directly from WR).

Yes, bikeonline's prices are typically slightly lower than the other two stores, but also check the shipping costs. That can vary a fair amount from seller to seller depending on your order quantity and destination.

I have corresponded with and ordered from bikeonline several times in the past and never have had a problem. You can order from any of those shops with confidence.
Old 01-08-2024, 12:08 PM

Does anyone else have experience with this site? I need a Darimo seat post cradle after cracking mine, and not finding many options for replacement.
Old 01-08-2024, 08:38 PM

Yes, I ordered the WR Compositi seatpost (see my original post above), and the whole transaction was flawless.
Old 01-09-2024, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgp View Post
Yes, I ordered the WR Compositi seatpost (see my original post above), and the whole transaction was flawless.
Very cool, thanks for the feedback. I'll go ahead and order.
Old 01-09-2024, 08:34 AM

Ive ordered a couple darimo posts from them. Great service although the wait from anything Darimo is typically 4-6 weeks. Communicated and shipped promptly

Ryun
Old 01-10-2024, 06:49 AM

I’ve used them several times for WR stuff. They are in fact excellent A+. Most of the WR things require about 2-4 weeks as they are made to order. I’ve always had good communication with a gentleman named Davide, I believe the owner.
Old 01-10-2024, 03:19 PM

Of course I hesitated to order when I found this on another site I haven’t used. Any experiencewith r2-bike.com, and/or the yoke alternative to the loop system for the Darimo T1? No complaints about the loop, really, but the yoke would be easier to set up.

The R2 site also has the cradle with a replacement loop and barrels for about the same price as bikeonline.it. Do I want to spend $110, after shipping (from Germany?) for the two of them is the question for myself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5657.jpg (34.6 KB, 36 views)
Old 01-10-2024, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesNdeed View Post
Of course I hesitated to order when I found this on another site I haven’t used. Any experiencewith r2-bike.com, and/or the yoke alternative to the loop system for the Darimo T1? No complaints about the loop, really, but the yoke would be easier to set up.

The R2 site also has the cradle with a replacement loop and barrels for about the same price as bikeonline.it. Do I want to spend $110, after shipping (from Germany?) for the two of them is the question for myself.
R2 is extremely legit, but go with the UPS shipping option. They used to use DHL exclusively, wherein there were two grades of service: dog****-slow and basically same week, but the price delta was staggering. It's best to piggyback several items, if you can.