Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-2020, 10:08 AM

Deda Elementi Superzero

Is anyone using this bar and if so how do you like them? Also wondering if there is room for Wahoo mount?
Old 03-29-2020, 12:08 PM

I've got the alloy version. Decent bar (& stem). Deda's RHM suits me well (fairly compact drop), they're plenty stiff, maybe not the lightest or most aero. They feel a fraction wider to me than other Dedas in same size (& in general Deda measure outer-to-outer not centre-to-centre). Shifter install can feel a bit tight (not sure if this is shape of the curve or tube width), not a deal-breaker. There isn't masses of space either side of the stem but out front mount fits fine.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:53 PM

I have the alloy version as well, along with the stem, ironically for sale on one of my frames listed in the classifieds.

That said, I'm in agreement with RiderR with all the aforementioned.

Since this cockpit is used for shorter efforts when I'm primarily in the drops, it works for me. If I were to have this bar on long efforts, where my hands settle on the top of the bars during climbs, it would drive me crazy and my hands naturally appreciate round bars. Those with large hands and/or like a flat bar may not notice a difference.

The stem....one of the best imo.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:06 PM

I have them and I hate them. I took them off after trying them like a week. If anyone wants them they are 40 c-c and I have a matching 110 and 130 stem. I didn’t feel like I could get the shifters as high as I want and it hurt my hands to ride in the drops. That said I have traditional bend bars on all of my bikes for a reason, although, I had some 3T compact bend bars that were better than the dedas. Lastly riding on the tops with no bar tape is uncomfortable. There is barely enough room for a k edge, I had to put the bars off center a couple mm to make it fit, then it left a gouge mark on the bars anyway.