Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-15-2020, 10:27 AM

+1 for bone conduction! (Aftershokz as well)
Indoors and on the road. Meh for music from me as well, but I mainly listen to podcasts and audiobooks on the road, and netflix etc indoors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekonick View Post
Another vote for bone conduction. Good enough for Audible books, watching movies, phone calls, Meh for music... but you can hear everything around you. I'll sacrifice that sound richness for awareness.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:33 PM

I bought an older version of these about a year and a half ago: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZRMFG8H/

I paid under $20 for them at the time. I had pretty low expectations but wanted to see how they'd do because I was riding with my phone in a bar bag rather than the pocket, so wired wouldn't do it. The first use was an 8 hour ride and, shockingly, they played the entire way with the volume up relatively high. I use them nearly daily for riding, working at coffee shops, walking, etc. Battery life is still excellent, they pair reliably and quickly, sound is more than acceptable for a $20 pair of earbuds. I rinse them off and they seem totally fine despite being sweated on quite a bit. Best part is that if I lost them on the bike somehow I wouldn't be choked up about it - but I'd definitely buy them again.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:51 PM

AfterShokz Aeropex
Old 01-15-2020, 01:04 PM

I have the Jaybird Tarah Pro earbuds. They're not truly wireless as they have a wire that connects the left and right, but I found that to be more secure for me than true wireless earbuds. If one pops out it's not going anywhere due to that connection.

My daughters both have the JBuds Air True Wireless earbuds and are very happy with them. I've tried them out and they seem pretty good. Sound is decent for the price (about $45).
Old 01-15-2020, 03:01 PM

I use Powerbeats3 and they work well.