Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2018, 03:44 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by froze View Post
I have a Fabric Scoop saddle that came with my 13 Lynskey and it's the worse saddle that I've ridden in a long time, so I stored it.

I also have the same problem with saddle manufactures changing a design I really liked to something that I really hated, it frustrates the crap out of me because I have to start my saddle search all over again. I can't figure out why saddle manufactures do that especially if they hit on saddle that most people like and got high reviews, just leave the freaking thing alone and stay with a winning design, but noooo they have to "improve" it but all they do is muck it up.

ahahah, tons of people love the scoop, me included. Saddles, really are the most personal thing on a bike
Old 12-09-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERK55 View Post
Anyone know if the Rapha saddles will be available in the future?
Not sure Rapha will be around in the future let alone their saddle
Old 12-10-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
ahahah, tons of people love the scoop, me included. Saddles, really are the most personal thing on a bike
For some reason the sides of the saddle rub the inside of my legs, I've never had a saddle do that, so I saved it, and now with the thought of selling most of my bikes this spring so I can take the money and buy another touring bike, I'll swap a good saddle for the Scoop.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:26 AM

I bought an Aliante when they first came out and loved it. Got another a few years later for my 2nd bike. After a while the foam got quite soft so I bought a new version and found the shape and hardness much different. Tested a couple Fabrics and some others. I ended up sticking with a Selle SMP Dynamic. It did take some tweaking to get the position and, while it still feels firm, I have no real comfort issues with it. So, if you like curved saddles like the Aliante, you might hunt down a Selle SMP shop.

Tim