Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-24-2007, 12:23 PM

As the owner of a sweet, loving Vizlsa puppy, I extend my condolences. I can't imagine how sad I would feel if we lost our pup. Vizslas are the best.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff
He was a 12 year old Vizsala and died in his sleep last night. Pretty wierd, he seemed to be in good health. It was quite the hit for me and the wife the kids seem ok and seemed to be more upset because we were. I have had to put dogs to sleep before and that was no fun. This was definately easier for us but we didnt get to say good bye.

He was the best training partner. We would ride trails for hours and he alwasy wanted more.

Bumer we will miss Cooper.

Geoff
RIP/Good Friends are hard to find.
Mine are 14 each....2 westies....I tear up when I think about losing them.
But it is inevitable. I tell myself when we put those two dogs together--we created one of the longest running doggie friendships ever...
Dogs take up a lot time, but the rewards are great. Best to you and yours in getting over the loss. Out of respect for your loss, I'll not post any cute doggie pics, but maybe you should....

Last edited by ti_boi; 08-24-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY rider
It sounds like he had a great life with a great family.

He will live on in your memories.
+1
Old 08-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Charley

Condolences from another Vizsla owner

In July '06 we lost Jake to cancer at 14 years. Weeks before his death, he was more energetic and fun than the 1 year old springer and 3 year old lab he hung out with.

I miss him greatly every day. He was companion, playmate, and protector to my family, and we hiked, camped, swam and played with him. My only consolation is that I can't think of another being that got as much joy out of life as he did, and I'm glad I got the chance to share it with him.

In April we welcomed Kosh (pronounced with a hard "o" like coach), a Vizsla puppy, to our family. We're still deep in the 40 lb "toddler on speed" phase, but having a lot of fun. Vizslas are the best!

My condolences to you and your family.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:09 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss Geoff. Had to put my Irish Setter down earlier this year. I know with me, they are just another one of my kids.

I try to think of the happier times in life with him, and it sounds like you had a great friend, and an even better riding partner.

Sure he is smiling down on you with each ride.

G/B.

Regards,
Jeff
Old 08-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

I'm sorry too Geoff for you and your family's loss. Even when your dog is old and sick it's so hard to say goodbye. Dogs never live long enough, even 14 yrs is too soon. I've lost my share and it will take a while before the grief gets bearable.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:47 PM

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 08-24-2007, 04:20 PM

Very sorry for your loss

Here is a picture of my girls taken in the first 20 minutes after adopting our foster Vizsla Penny (happily playing with Mia). They are wonderful members of any family and I understand how big a hole they would leave in your life. My condolences to you and your family.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new camePicture 010.jpg (42.4 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by oldfatslow; 08-24-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Kevan's Rose

Geoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff
He was a 12 year old Vizsala and died in his sleep last night. Pretty wierd, he seemed to be in good health. It was quite the hit for me and the wife the kids seem ok and seemed to be more upset because we were. I have had to put dogs to sleep before and that was no fun. This was definately easier for us but we didnt get to say good bye.

He was the best training partner. We would ride trails for hours and he alwasy wanted more.

Bumer we will miss Cooper.

Geoff
Very sorry to hear of your loss of Cooper. He was not a young dog. Often the best way for a dog or cat .... or human to die is during his or her sleep, as this excludes potential suffering of the animal during a long illness.

Vizslas are really special dogs, as you know. They project high energy, endurance, and alertness, with a beautiful colored coat, somewhat unique in dogdom. It does not surprise me that you could ride trails for hours with Cooper and he wanted more. It is that endurance and energy.

Until recent years, Vizslas were not seem too often, at least where I live. You obviously found out about the beauty of the breed long before most. They are starting to become more popular in this area.

Obvioulsy you loved your dog and provided a great outlet for him for his athleticism and desire to run, which Vizslas love to do, as you pointed out. You were both genuinely blessed to have each other. Really!!

Have wonderful memories of Cooper.

Sandy

Last edited by Sandy; 08-24-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:33 PM

Rejoice in the memory

Geoff:

I had to put down one of my two great danes on Valentines Day this year. Once in a while, when I go down the stairs of my house, I still look for her to be sleeping in the stair landing, her favorite place. May your dog live in your memory forever and may you honor the memory with a new one when your family is ready...

Un abrazo,

Delpo
Old 08-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Embracing my

Bless you and your family. Losing your dog is really tough. We had to put down our "children's" dog when they were in college. What gave us comfort were the great memories we had and still have of her. After some time had passed, we adopted two beauties that are now companions to each other and to the wifey and me in our empty nest phase of life.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:46 PM

My condolences

Losing one's dog is such a deep loss.

The greatest consolation at such a time is the certainty that you will meet again, in his and your heaven.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:41 PM

My condolences too Geoff. We just had dinner with some good friends who have a 16 year old lab who has bone cancer and will not be around much longer. Kona is such a sweet dog - our kids grew up with their kids and basically grew up with Kona too. Its devastating to watch her limping around, barely able to get up a step. You almost wish they would put her down and spare her from this, but when you go sit with her and rub her head and neck she still licks you and wags her tail and you know that she still has some good quality left in her life, just not all of it. It's gonna be rough when they decide its time. I can't even imagine with our little cockapoo, but she's still young enough that we don't have to think too much about it yet.

Hang in there and enjoy the memories of him.

-Ray
Old 08-24-2007, 11:10 PM

I like to think that the spirit of your dog lives on.
Peace to you. A special pet with loving memories.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:19 AM
Living the life

Oh Geoff, this is sad news and I feel for ya. Seek shelter through your loving family and friends to keep your spirits high. And count us in among those friends.