Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-12-2019, 10:52 AM

there's a "new" champion in town i think:
PROVA

Old 10-12-2019, 11:19 AM

I feel lucky I have my most desirable bike a Frank Chamberlain custom frame will a Campy Chorus group. The sweetest riding bike I have ever owned
Old 10-12-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr59 View Post
Me too.

Had two different ti frames by TK, both different, both perfect. I miss them
Curious, why would you get rid of “perfect” frames?

Tim
Old 10-12-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcteague View Post
Curious, why would you get rid of “perfect” frames?

Tim
Pretty simple. I got VERY sick. Terminal type sick. Went through all the chemo, and radiation my body could take, and I didn’t want my family trying to liquidate all the bikes and stuff I had. 2 Spectrums, Ellis, Sachs, 2 Berthouds, and a bunch more.

I sold off almost my entire estate. Homes, motorcycles, and cars. All of it.

I also went through a lot of experimental treatment type stuff. When that didn’t work very well. The Dr told me it was time for palitive care and hospice and I started to head in.
The Dr called and told my caregiver to bring me straight to the hospital, and there he told me the last treatments were showing signs of working.

In the study I am in, there are five of us receiving this treatment. 4 are in remission now, and my numbers are vastly improved overall. Of course I had the most advance case of things, so...

Anyway, I hope that answers the question.
Old 10-12-2019, 04:20 PM

^^^ hope you continue to respond to this new treatment. I would have done the same with respect to liquidation

I am fortunate to have my dream bike a loaded C64, but the Prova Speciale has me reconsidering my next steel purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Pretty simple. I got VERY sick. Terminal type sick. Went through all the chemo, and radiation my body could take, and I didn’t want my family trying to liquidate all the bikes and stuff I had. 2 Spectrums, Ellis, Sachs, 2 Berthouds, and a bunch more.

I also went through a lot of experimental treatment type stuff. When that didn’t work very well. The Dr told me it was time for palitive care and hospice and I started to head in.
The Dr called and told my caregiver to bring me straight to the hospital, and there he told me the last treatments were showing signs of working.

In the study I am in, there are five of us receiving this treatment. 4 are in remission now, and my numbers are vastly improved overall. Of course I had the most advance case of things, so...

Wow , really sorry I pulled the scab off that old wound! . Best of luck, and medicine, going forward.

Tim
Old 10-12-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcteague View Post
Wow , really sorry I pulled the scab off that old wound! . Best of luck, and medicine, going forward.

Tim
No worries at all. I’m getting stronger all the time and very happy to say I just bought a bicycle again. Seems I can ride about 5 total miles these days and fully expect that to improve. But this past treatment was rough.

Just glad to be able to think about it.

BTW: This was the last place I gave up on. As long as I could read it and type a message or two, I read it. ALL OF YOU ROCK!
Old 10-12-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:

Brings perspective few can understand. Hopeful the treatment continues to bring more sunrises.

Best

D.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:13 PM

damn. bikes don't matter. your health does. godspeed on a full recovery!

Quote:

Old 10-12-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
No worries at all. I’m getting stronger all the time and very happy to say I just bought a bicycle again. Seems I can ride about 5 total miles these days and fully expect that to improve. But this past treatment was rough.

BTW: This was the last place I gave up on. As long as I could read it and type a message or two, I read it. ALL OF YOU ROCK!
Sending best wishes for a full recovery. Glad to know you're riding. Next step: draining some 3s...
Old 10-12-2019, 09:10 PM

You are doing what you can.... tremendous respect for your difficult situation and the spirit you bring to it. Inspirational....
Old 10-13-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:

Sending good thoughts your way. Keep on being strong, champ.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:53 AM
50 bpm

Quote:

You rock more. Keep feeling stronger every day!
Old 10-13-2019, 09:18 AM

Thanks to all. I mean really thank you.

BUT.... can we please get back to the fantasy type bikes. Just would like to see what others are dreaming about riding.

That’s what this thread is supposed to be about, and it’s these type of threads that really I always enjoy the most.

ALL PF YOU GUYS ROCK, and I am greatly appreciate you caring, but let’s see some bikes
Old 10-13-2019, 10:05 AM

I guess I am simple. for me it would an eriksen without s doubt. and as a second choice a Passoni. two great examples of titanium builds. oh and Serotta would be right up there in quality.