Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2020, 01:56 AM
ZhugeLiang

Old 09-21-2020, 02:17 AM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Cannot be done and irresponsible to do are two different things.

^ This.

Yes I loved seeing pro racing everyday in high definition. France as beautiful as ever

No I did not support fostering situations in which virus is transmitted. Ex: Close proximity screaming in the high mountains.

If my decision I would have cancelled the tour this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2020, 04:24 AM

Sagan offers his hand to Bennett, who is too wrapped up in his own glory to take it. Next year...the real green monster returns.

UAE will need to spend a lot of money to build a team to defend Pogacar next year. He's now got a big target on his back. No more wheel sucking allowed.

Last edited by jpw; 09-21-2020 at 04:36 AM.
Old 09-21-2020, 05:30 AM
Proud Grandpa

Right, I agree that it 'should' have been cancelled. I am sure more than a few are now sick because of the TdF..shame..bike race.
Quote:
By working tirelessly to adapt and to implement the necessary changes to keep everyone safe.
Well, at least try.
Quote:
France reports 7,379 new Covid-19 cases in 'exponential' daily rise
Quote:
Cannot be done and irresponsible to do are two different things.
What he said..Sturgis was 'done' too...and we see the result of that...
Quote:
From a social and a medical standpoint, at the beginning, it may seem irresponsible, arrogant and profiteering to go ahead with this year's tour.
At the end too..bike race during a pandemic..

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 09-21-2020 at 05:38 AM.
Old 09-21-2020, 05:54 AM

Regarding the intersection of TDF and pandemic, the race lasted three weeks, and gestation period for cases is up to 14 days. They do contact tracing in France. Are there known cases/clusters which have developed from activities at the tour anyone has heard of yet?
Old 09-21-2020, 06:13 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 572cv View Post
Regarding the intersection of TDF and pandemic, the race lasted three weeks, and gestation period for cases is up to 14 days. They do contact tracing in France. Are there known cases/clusters which have developed from activities at the tour anyone has heard of yet?
Not a rider but
https://www.velonews.com/events/tour...ce-press-room/

https://www.france24.com/en/20200908...-test-negative

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/...id-19-concerns
oh well...
Old 09-21-2020, 06:35 AM

I guess I’ll wait another couple of weeks to see whether any of those nutso mountain stage fans produce Covid clusters. Overall, it appeared that there were a large majority of roadside fans wearing masks, at least. And, running the event will provide a case study in what is practical and effective, or not, in isolating the athletes and staff. There will be lots to learn.

At least the weather was generally pretty terrific!
Old 09-21-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpw View Post
Sagan offers his hand to Bennett, who is too wrapped up in his own glory to take it. Next year...the real green monster returns.

UAE will need to spend a lot of money to build a team to defend Pogacar next year. He's now got a big target on his back. No more wheel sucking allowed.

I agree.
I think Sagan wasn’t really on form this year, amd he still would’ve won the Green Jersey if he wasn’t relegated.

Pogacar was amazing, but UAE didn’t did anywhere near the work Jumbo Visma did.

Froome will have a strong team and Ineos will probably be better as well.

It’ll be hard for a repeat next year, but at least it should be an interesting Tour.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:21 AM

"Pogacar was amazing, but UAE didn’t did anywhere near the work Jumbo Visma did."

They did not need to do any work, the team was handicapped badly... the only option was just follow wheels and they got super lucky because easily pogacar could have had a lot of punctures and mechanical in the hills aswell... I know he got crashes but if you look at it... when it counted he did not have any problem at all, and that has to do with luck. Rider can be the best ever but if there's no luck u can be forgotten forever.

As for jumbo... well they learn and sure other teams learn their lesson, you have to put the nail in the coffin when u have the chance to do it.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntb1001 View Post
I agree.
I think Sagan wasn’t really on form this year, amd he still would’ve won the Green Jersey if he wasn’t relegated.

It’ll be hard for a repeat next year, but at least it should be an interesting Tour.

Sagan's sprint was as good as ever. He has never beaten a true top sprinter in a big field sprint. Sagan needs to drop the sprinters or go in a break.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
"Pogacar was amazing, but UAE didn’t did anywhere near the work Jumbo Visma did."

They did not need to do any work, the team was handicapped badly... the only option was just follow wheels and they got super lucky because easily pogacar could have had a lot of punctures and mechanical in the hills aswell... I know he got crashes but if you look at it... when it counted he did not have any problem at all, and that has to do with luck. Rider can be the best ever but if there's no luck u can be forgotten forever.

As for jumbo... well they learn and sure other teams learn their lesson, you have to put the nail in the coffin when u have the chance to do it.
Lemond established this precedent when at ADR.

Also, many actualized individuals make their own luck.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying View Post
I don't think so....I think what we are seeing is how bad these TT helmets (at least this brand) look once the eye shield has been ripped off
This brand the shield has wrap around sides too
But yeah....looks pretty nuts when off

Agree about the helmet look with eye shield removed. However, when watching NBCS recap of time trial, Roglic has his helmet tilted back noticeably more than most others. Going by the gaps between shield and nose/cheekbones there is quite a bit more with Roglic's helmet. Also you can see it w/o shield in place vs. Dumoulin, vA, etc. at the finish. Almost like Roglic has it above top of his forehead.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:21 AM
Administrator

let's pause a moment and rejoice that a rim brake colnago with campy rolled down victory lane this year. all is not lost in 2020!!

Old 09-21-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntb1001 View Post
I agree.

Agreed. Between now and then Froome will be ready with a decent team, Ineos should have their house in order and I'm sure JV will have revenge on their mind and maybe tweak tactics a little bit. If Landa & Co could contribute more, 2021 TDF could be more exciting than 2020. For sure Pogacar will not be afforded the gravy train ride he got this year, so hope he has some teammates with him next.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
let's pause a moment and rejoice that a rim brake colnago with campy rolled down victory lane this year. all is not lost in 2020!!

Here here. I cant tell but I read he was riding EPS 12 speed. Not totally retrogrouchy

Tags
boring disagreement, spoilers