Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-05-2020, 09:16 AM

Trek seat post question

So apparently to have a carbon rail saddle on a Trek bike you have to use a Bontrager saddle with 7x10 rails, all other brands have 7x9 rails. I found this out the hard way. I sold my Montrose pro because I wanted to go back to the Sworks Romin Evo, which kept sliding in the seat post. The Montrose has been discontinued and replaced with the Verse which it just not agreeing with me. Does anyone know a work around so that I can use a 7x9 rail saddle?
Old 12-05-2020, 09:34 AM

On the Trek website, the saddle ears are available in both 7x9 and 7x10 versions.
Old 12-05-2020, 10:02 AM

Yah I have a bike with said type of seat mast.. no carbon rail saddle for me but I think you ought to be good with the different set of parts for the clamp.

Trek has impressed me with this stuff.. they did a pretty good job with their mast/topper design in terms of maximizing the options available. Different lengths, different clamps, no need to cut the mast, not locked into the saddle being dead straight with the frame, etc..

Also they last.. no issues for me with the clamp not holding or the topper sliding down. My previous non-trek bike with an integrated seat mast was a disaster in comparison.