Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2024, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambee View Post
Could be wireless Ekar.
Maybe. In which case the lever is based on the EPS design (paddle + thumb button) rather than the WRL design (two paddles). At 3 sec. in the video you can see something that looks like the "droopy" button on an EPS lever. On the other hand, it looks to me like the paddle movement is more than you'd expect for an electronic group. But maybe you want a bigger movement for a gravel group to prevent inadvertent accidental shifts?

[/QUOTE]Alternatively a revamped hood with a thumb lever that drops 3 gears at a time.[/QUOTE]

The droopy button seen at 3 sec. doesn't look like it would be easy to move far enough for multiple shifts. But the images are blurry, so who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney View Post
"Double dose" would seem to imply 2x, no?
At 14 seconds in the video the crankset shown is clearly a 1x.

I'll throw out this wild thought (which has a 90+% chance of being wrong): Campagnolo is introducing a lower price point gravel group, with levers using the PowerShift mechanism, in order to better compete with Shimano/SRAM in the gravel bike space. I've heard that Ekar is something like 40% of Campagnolo's sales, so with 4 different road groups (8, if you count rim and disc groups separately), it makes sense to have more than one gravel group.

Last edited by Mark McM; 02-17-2024 at 09:52 AM.