Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-14-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdonk View Post
Speedvagen OG Disc
+1. Besides the price, it has many design elements I’d be looking for as standard features. Too bad you have to purchase it with their build specs
Old 09-14-2019, 06:07 PM

Black Mountain Cycles
Hampsten
333 fab
Old 09-14-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
Colnago or Peg Disc?

Oh ya. Hah. Got caught up in the steel part.. forgot about the disc part heh. Carry on.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:46 PM

Scarab Cycles from Colombia

Fellow forum member Heisenberg works for a framebuilder in Colombia and they have a road disc model:

https://scarabcycles.com/santa-rosa-1
Old 09-15-2019, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duende View Post
+1. Besides the price, it has many design elements I’d be looking for as standard features. Too bad you have to purchase it with their build specs
+2

https://www.speedvagen.com/ready-made-discog
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SV19_OG_DISC_RD_97.jpg (87.2 KB, 345 views)

Last edited by damocles; 09-15-2019 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:42 AM

The steel Ritcheys I've owned were miles better than the Speedvagen or IF: lighter, better quality, better design, better thought-out, better ride feel. Oh and about 1/4 the price.

The new dish Road Logic looks πŸ‘Œ
Old 09-15-2019, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan View Post
The steel Ritcheys I've owned were miles better than the Speedvagen or IF: lighter, better quality, better design, better thought-out, better ride feel. Oh and about 1/4 the price.

+1

Ritchey Logic tubing is the real deal.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:21 AM

Lots of suggestions for custom builders here.... of course they can do those. I'm guessing there's no other off the shelf options if thats what comes back.

I think I'd go with Zanc or Zukas if I were going to go that route but looking to add another bike without busting the budget or selling something.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:36 AM

Off Topic

Hi RJ just an update I’m having a great summer turning to fall on your SOMA TripleX setup I purchased from you.... a LOT of fun exploring back roads...
Cheers
Stephen
Quote:
Originally Posted by .RJ View Post
Lots of suggestions for custom builders here.... of course they can do those. I'm guessing there's no other off the shelf options if thats what comes back.

I think I'd go with Zanc or Zukas if I were going to go that route but looking to add another bike without busting the budget or selling something.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:47 AM
n - 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan View Post

I wonder if it’ll fit Conti GP4000/5000 700x28. Which measure out to 31mm. That would be perfect for me.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:35 AM

It's Close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p nut View Post
I wonder if it’ll fit Conti GP4000/5000 700x28. Which measure out to 31mm. That would be perfect for me.
Ritchey will sell a bunch of these disc bikes. They win the value metric due to price. And after they have been out awhile next year, get one on sale or used and the value gap gets wider. If looking at a steel/disc bike, this would be my first stop.

Bikerumor puts the max tire width at 30mm.

"The new Logic comes in six frame sizes, with the same quick-handling & proven geometry the Logic road is known for. And now thanks to disc brakes, the bike has room for up to 700x30mm tires (real width)."

https://bikerumor.com/2019/09/12/rit...nturemax-more/
Old 09-15-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperColnago View Post
Hi RJ just an update I’m having a great summer turning to fall on your SOMA TripleX setup I purchased from you.... a LOT of fun exploring back roads...
Cheers
Stephen
Awesome - I am kicking myself at times for selling that one, but easy come, easy go!

I think the Ritchey Road Logic is the right call for me, and maybe I'll flip that into a custom frame down the road (I've been saying that for 5 years so who knows). I dropped by my shop today and they can order them through Q.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .RJ View Post
Awesome - I am kicking myself at times for selling that one, but easy come, easy go!

I think the Ritchey Road Logic is the right call for me, and maybe I'll flip that into a custom frame down the road (I've been saying that for 5 years so who knows). I dropped by my shop today and they can order them through Q.
Great bikes and maybe you know this but those are slated for delivery some time next year.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:52 PM
Tired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
Ritchey will sell a bunch of these disc bikes. They win the value metric due to price. And after they have been out awhile next year, get one on sale or used and the value gap gets wider. If looking at a steel/disc bike, this would be my first stop.

Bikerumor puts the max tire width at 30mm.

"The new Logic comes in six frame sizes, with the same quick-handling & proven geometry the Logic road is known for. And now thanks to disc brakes, the bike has room for up to 700x30mm tires (real width)."

https://bikerumor.com/2019/09/12/rit...nturemax-more/
It looks like they have 27mm Tom Slicks on it. I'd be very interested to see the clearance. 32mm tires are about my favorite all-around, so a road bike with that sort of clearance would be πŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ‘
Old 09-15-2019, 01:58 PM

Adding a niche bike: KHS has a few steel bikes, e.g. their Flite 747. The catch on this model is that it appears to only be available in very large sizes (64cm and 66cm).