Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2019, 01:06 AM

Thumbs down Beer and Lifestyle Music (abp surely, no relevant cycling content)

Look at this, most of these bands are like well-designed bottles of bleach. It's beer and lifestyle music! I mean it's like the next world war will be sponsored by I don't know what!

I can't help but notice that my middle aged "hipster" ass bought lifestyle beers (low alcohol, high MSRP, cool can graphics) not really caring whether they were good or not and not really thinking about the conspicuous consumption of "lifestyle beer."

But I did think of my first serious season of racing, when this guy Hal who I know as a stand up guy and a total citizen racer, a cat 2 school teacher who just cares a lot and tries hard and is pretty lucky with the fast-twitch proportion in his genetics at 37.

When he got second at the local big race a few years ago, the prize was a growler of a Bal'mer brewery that sponsored the race, and he was just pouring it out to anyone with a cup. As I took one, I said, "Hey, there ain't gonna be any for you at this rate."

He looks at me and says, something like "Drink beer during race season? Nah, I'm good until after nats."

Life used to be simple. You watched Breaking Away. Your bike was red. The difference between you and someone better than you was they rode faster.

Well, this is a Tuesday for me. I did some big rides last year and the biggest ones were sponsored by breweries. You probably were there. Cool patch. Is that bag custom?

This year I'm fat and Strava says 0 rides this year. And now I'm going back to work.
On this six pack.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:15 AM

drunk dialing
Old 05-29-2019, 06:10 AM

Ya. Local brewers 3 heads keeps me fat enough to stay slow. At 63 with a beat up body no more racing anywho…...my prodigy won the 3 stage race called rock salt series and was 2nd in age group at the twilight criterium last time they had the race. If you cant do then teach.