Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-23-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbowlpats View Post
One thing for sure was Elway was right to let Osweiler go.
For that money especially. As a long time Bronco fan I winced when he left. Sanchez? I almost cried. Its early, so far it looks like a good path.....
Old 09-23-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulspinner View Post
For that money especially. As a long time Bronco fan I winced when he left. Sanchez? I almost cried. Its early, so far it looks like a good path.....
A great defense, like Denver has, can make up for a lot of short comings on the offense.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
A great defense, like Denver has, can make up for a lot of short comings on the offense.
Apparently. I just dont see them making a run like last years.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:00 AM
Peter Pan Oath adherent

It's not the "system" as that has shown to be fluid and adaptable to the skill set of the talent on hand.

BB's thing is getting guys with high "football IQ". Players who can think on their feet, keep calm under pressure, and perform at a high level.

Brady just happens to be WAY above most and makes the most out if it.

The Pats have had some really bad receiving corps over the years (Jabbar Gafney anyone?) and Brady still managed to get them to the playoffs and rack up big numbers.

This ridiculousness tarnishes the league and the commish WAY more than it hurts Brady or the Pats.

BK

Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
One thing for sure was Elway was right to let Osweiler go.

Trust in Elway. I was happy to see O go. Houston was crazy to pay him the money they're paying him. I guess time will tell all.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:36 AM
needs adult supervision

Some Pats' fan has two things: a good sense of humor and lots of time on their hands. Prepare to laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...wg&app=desktop
Old 09-23-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Of course, the downside of all this for you Pats lovers is that the evil genius's ability to dominate regardless of WHO happens behind center must tarnish Brady's legacy quite a bit. So one way or another, deflate-gate ain't good for Tommy boy... Just another Bart Starr who won more titles than Unitas, but not near his equal as a player...

We haters are gonna find SOME sort of pleasure in all this...

-Ray
Will that be before, or after, the Pats win another Super Bowl?
The Pats' start to this season doesn't taint Brady's record, imo; it just burnishes Belichick's. The takeaway for the league should be: don't make Bill angry.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:12 AM
Peter Pan Oath adherent

Not a fan of the Hitler stuff, but yeah, Goodell must be losing his mind about now.

BK

Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.President View Post
my exact feelings!

ThePats just increased the ability to get some good talent or a really good player for what they can trade in both the back up and 3rd string QB.

Brady for two more years and then one of these guys could take over and hopefully do well. Plus living in Colts country I just love the ribbing i can give to my fellow staff members!
My sense that with Brady back fully rested and healthy, the Pats will try to run the table this season. This is the best offense they've had since Hernandez was locked up, and the defense and special teams have really taken it up a notch too. If the Pats can get by Pittsburg week 7, they have a real shot at an undefeated season.

If the Pats go undefeated and Brady gets a 4th ring, I anticipate that Brady will put the ring on his middle finger before raising it to Goodell and then retire on top. Garapollo will become the guy and the legacy will continue. Even if Belichik were to retire, McDaniels and Patricia are waiting in the wings to continue. The Pats are going to go into NFL history as the longest lasting football dynasty ever.

On another note, Goodell must be really pissed that after he monkeyed with the kickoff rule to eliminate run backs, Belichick has floated him by having Gostowski kick high and short so return men cannot get touchbacks and instead can be tacked deep in their own territory.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:31 AM
needs adult supervision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce K View Post
Not a fan of the Hitler stuff, but yeah, Goodell must be losing his mind about now.

BK
Bruce,

I can see your point. I thought that the wit redeemed it, but I'd be happy to delete it if you think it goes too far.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
My sense that with Brady back fully rested and healthy, the Pats will try to run the table this season. This is the best offense they've had since Hernandez was locked up, and the defense and special teams have really taken it up a notch too. If the Pats can get by Pittsburg week 7, they have a real shot at an undefeated season.

I am glad to see the Patriots win during the suspension of Brady but this team is far from a team that will have an undefeated season. The defense has not been great every game. This is the NFL and you can lose to any team any week. I also think an undefeated season is a bad goal and hurts a team going into the playoffs. It is better to be focused on having everyone healthy going into the playoffs and not be totally focused on wins. Golden State had too much focus on the record for wins in a season this year.

Jeff
Old 09-23-2016, 10:38 AM
Classics Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce K View Post

BK
Maybe. I'm not sure Goodell has a personal axe to grind. I think other people in the NFL league office, and certainly other owners, are jealous of the patriot's success. And Goodell had to toe the line, for those owners.

So, it is them, more than Goodell himself, that I think are probably standing there, mouth's agape, at the Patriot's 3-0 record. and wondering how it is that Kraft and Belichick manage to do it.

The reality is, Belichick has a philosophy and system that he sticks to and that has worked. Contrast that with the Rams, who sold out their fans/citizens in St. Louis (aka, tried to extort them), left for Lala-land, and traded away some of their most valuable currency (draft picks) to get a QB, that is currently the back-up.

Two completely different approaches to owning, building and operating a team.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:44 AM

Belichick's "jesus christ" moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RaL...ature=youtu.be
Old 09-23-2016, 10:53 AM
VAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
If the Pats go undefeated and Brady gets a 4th ring.
He lost a ring?
Old 09-23-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post
Maybe. I'm not sure Goodell has a personal axe to grind. I think other people in the NFL league office, and certainly other owners, are jealous of the patriot's success. And Goodell had to toe the line, for those owners.

So, it is them, more than Goodell himself, that I think are probably standing there, mouth's agape, at the Patriot's 3-0 record. and wondering how it is that Kraft and Belichick manage to do it.

The reality is, Belichick has a philosophy and system that he sticks to and that has worked. Contrast that with the Rams, who sold out their fans/citizens in St. Louis (aka, tried to extort them), left for Lala-land, and traded away some of their most valuable currency (draft picks) to get a QB, that is currently the back-up.

Two completely different approaches to owning, building and operating a team.
I agree with you. While Deflategate started off being about Brady, in the end, it had more to do with the Commissioner's power under the NFLPA Collective Bargaining Agreement to impose discipline (without process) and then hear appeals from his own disciplinary determinations. That the NFLPA agreed to a CBA allowing for such a poor process underscores that the NFLPA is a crappy union, and probably the weakest in pro sports.