Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Old 03-09-2019, 08:05 PM

Clean's 2019 Race Machine

First ride today...and wow...this bike is in cahoots with that devil on your shoulder goading you to sprint over every ride, drop down to puppy-paws and hammer the flats, or forget you've got another gear still on 15% grades. (...trying my best Peloton mag reenactment)

I really had no idea what to expect on this one - just threw out an eBay bid looking for something that'd give me an aggressive aero position for spring road races w my club. And boy oh boy is this that.

It is FAST. And that's w boxy classics wheels on there. I can't imagine what it's going to feel like with DV66s when I throw those on. Maybe it's the Nobuseri fit. Maybe I'm coming into form finally. Who knows.

The frame really feels like the perfect blend of stiffness for where I am weight-wise and power-wise right now. It gives a bit and is very snappy feeling at the BB. Just how I like it. It may ride awfully for someone 150lbs or 210lbs - dunno. It jams for me.

Also very happy w the saddle, first time using it today and no issues after 3.5hrs on it.

This isn't the bike I'll ride every day - when it's time to motor though, this whip is getting the call-up.

Shout-out to Jinbok for hooking me up with the wheels and Record group. Both are most excellent - though the wheels are going to my Kirk for tubular backups once I have the Reynolds from Stein mounted up on here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by Clean39T; 03-09-2019 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:21 PM
aka RAEKWON

Have always liked these myself.

Is that an Alm? I just got one myself, no miles on it but I am a big fan of the fabric scoop so I am hoping the alm is simiar (hopefully not better because then I have to buy more of them and they are not cheap (I did get a great deal on mine though)
Old 03-09-2019, 08:49 PM

That TT is crazy.

What size tires did you have on for todays ride and how would you compare the cumfort for this frame to some of the many others you have had ?

I belive RyanH really likes his.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
Have always liked these myself.

Is that an Alm? I just got one myself, no miles on it but I am a big fan of the fabric scoop so I am hoping the alm is simiar (hopefully not better because then I have to buy more of them and they are not cheap (I did get a great deal on mine though)
Yep. Shape is just like the scoop shallow I think - just firmer.. Felt good. But the plastic shell doesn't seem like a great idea. I'm hoping it isn't rubbing my new Isadore bibs.. And it will undoubtedly scratch easily if I'm lazy with my leaning.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlC View Post
That TT is crazy.

What size tires did you have on for todays ride and how would you compare the cumfort for this frame to some of the many others you have had ?

I belive RyanH really likes his.
Tires are Challenge Strada 300tpi 25s - used by Jinbok, unsure the mileage - and mounted up to TB14s with I'm assuming butyl tubes. I ran 80psi rear and 75psi front - seemed about right and maybe a little splashy on the gravel in the back, though I didn't pinch flat, so maybe I could have gone lower. Most of the day was on crappy farm roads, but there was some normal pavement and some hero pave mixed in. Best I can say is it feels very similar to the Look 585 Ultra I had last year, both in fit/geometry and in road feel. It has just a bit of give to it, similar to the Alliance Spirit, but it's a snappy give that feels great sprinting over rollers and pushing the pace on hills. I don't know how they get all the funky tubing shapes and cuts and all that to work together - how much is gimmick, how much is engineered for a specific feel - but it does come together nicely...again, for me, at my weight, with my range of watts pushing through it. I thought more than once today that the only way I could top this one for what I'm using it for is if it were a Seven 622 SLX like yours! Same geo, tuned for my riding style and size, etc.

It's making me wish I still had my Look too. This one:

Old 03-09-2019, 09:31 PM

Super sweet!!

Jealous you can ride, still no bikes this side of the mountains. Although, skiing today was awesome.

What are you bringing next weekend?
Old 03-09-2019, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy sti View Post
Super sweet!!

Jealous you can ride, still no bikes this side of the mountains. Although, skiing today was awesome.

What are you bringing next weekend?
Haven't you had the most snow on record since WWI or something like that? Had to be blue-bird day there for sure...

As it was in Portland, and the riding was sublime indeed.

99% sure I'll be bringing this one - you?
Old 03-09-2019, 10:02 PM

She looks beautiful!
Old 03-10-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post

That TT needs the Pro vibe stem or something like it

Old 03-10-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Tires are Challenge Strada 300tpi 25s - used by Jinbok, unsure the mileage - and mounted up to TB14s with I'm assuming butyl tubes. I ran 80psi rear and 75psi front - seemed about right and maybe a little splashy on the gravel in the back, though I didn't pinch flat, so maybe I could have gone lower. Most of the day was on crappy farm roads, but there was some normal pavement and some hero pave mixed in. Best I can say is it feels very similar to the Look 585 Ultra I had last year, both in fit/geometry and in road feel. It has just a bit of give to it, similar to the Alliance Spirit, but it's a snappy give that feels great sprinting over rollers and pushing the pace on hills. I don't know how they get all the funky tubing shapes and cuts and all that to work together - how much is gimmick, how much is engineered for a specific feel - but it does come together nicely...again, for me, at my weight, with my range of watts pushing through it. I thought more than once today that the only way I could top this one for what I'm using it for is if it were a Seven 622 SLX like yours! Same geo, tuned for my riding style and size, etc.

It's making me wish I still had my Look too. This one:
Its pretty amazing when you find THE ONE and this T1 sounds like it for you, lets hope you get to enjoy it for a while. I have consider a LS T1 several times, but when they have come up at the right price they where to big for me.

Then I got a change to get the Seven 622 SLX, you are right about it, its an amazing all around bike and your thoughts on your Litespeed T1 remind me of my thoughts of my Seven 622 SLX. Such a joy to ride, I hope you get to try one someday !

Old 03-10-2019, 11:59 AM

Nice. You found one in a larger size. Baller frameset.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:04 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Yep. Shape is just like the scoop shallow I think - just firmer.. Felt good. But the plastic shell doesn't seem like a great idea. I'm hoping it isn't rubbing my new Isadore bibs.. And it will undoubtedly scratch easily if I'm lazy with my leaning.
oh, I already dropped mine and yes it scratched but the good thing is, now I can just use and not care about how it looks anymore.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:22 PM

This might be my favorite of your bikes. Gorgeous!
Old 03-10-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobuseri View Post
Nice. You found one in a larger size. Baller frameset.
Figured you'd appreciate the proportions

Old 03-10-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritchet74 View Post
This might be my favorite of your bikes. Gorgeous!
I do love the look of bare ti - but the function is the important thing on this one - it's for pushing my limits - and if the way my legs are feeling today is an indication, it's already achieving that goal..