Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Old 01-20-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Out with the 8 spd Record and older wheels (see classifieds if you're interested), and in with the Record 11 - 50/34, 11/29, plus some Athena brakes for now...and that's a Caletti stem that I wish was 110mm or 120mm, but it's 100mm and that's a bit short after all. Nitto M106 bars. WI T11 hubs to Pacenti SL23 v2 rims. Zipp SL post. Fabric Scoop. Mandibles. Corsa 25s. Record window skewers.

Did 44 mi and 4400 ft of vert on it today through that misty fog. Very much enjoyed the ride. And got home to find out I was only 1-min off my PR on a 2.5mi, 1100ft climb - despite this being 5-lbs heavier than the bike I rode the PR on, and me being at least 10-lbs heavier... Must be the planing. Lolz.

Seriously though. This is a great handling bike. I do need to go out to a 110mm stem at least, but the feel of the frame is quite nice. Zero wobble when sitting up at 18-20mph. I prefer the overall feel of my Kirk. This is pretty dang good though.
Well done I have owned two CSi's and both came with carbon forks. I picked up an old Colorado threaded fork to try out, but have not gotten around putting it on yet. It is a slightly different shade of green, but i can imagine it makes this bike even smoother!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
let's be friends.

What does Riv call that green?

I dig it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2019, 02:42 PM
Everything is connected

Nice build Clean...always wanted a CSI but I’ve never been in the market when my size became available.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
Nice build Clean...always wanted a CSI but I’ve never been in the market when my size became available.
Technically I wasn't in the market either - and really, I'd fit better on a 60L - but you know, this has scratched a bucket-list itch, so I'm glad I did it.. That I get to hang on to it for a while or so and enjoy it is just icing on the gravy. I'm sure yours will come along sooner or later.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Technically I wasn't in the market either - and really, I'd fit better on a 60L - but you know, this has scratched a bucket-list itch, so I'm glad I did it.. That I get to hang on to it for a while or so and enjoy it is just icing on the gravy. I'm sure yours will come along sooner or later.
If you feel the urge to sell it, let me know-from what I can see it would fit me perfectly. Really nice bicycle you have built there.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmother View Post
If you feel the urge to sell it, let me know-from what I can see it would fit me perfectly. Really nice bicycle you have built there.
Another tall Paceline'r already talked me into letting them have it.. It was fun to enjoy for a bit and well worth the time/effort involved in hunting, rehabbing, and rehoming it. One of the many things I enjoy about this sport/hobby we love.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:04 PM
Post Mod-ern

Damn . . .

. . . that's pretty!

BBD
A thing of beauty is a joy forever--Keats