Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-14-2022, 12:43 AM

Moving to Nashville area

So I’ll be moving to the Nashville area and have narrowed it down to either Gallatin or Lebanon. Which is more bike friendly?
Old 08-14-2022, 01:10 AM
Boeuf Chaîne

I can't answer the question, but perhaps you should clarify:

By "bike friendly" do you mean riding around the town itself, or do you mean better/quicker access to good riding areas? (or maybe both?)
Old 08-14-2022, 01:58 AM

Mostly best/easiest access to good riding areas. I’m in Tampa area now and mostly ride the extensive interconnected bike trail system that is hundreds of miles of paved bike paths isolated from cars. In the past I lived in Hermitage, LaVergne, and Clarksville but haven’t been up that way in 10+ years. So I was just wondering the best area to cycle. And by best I mean scenic, least congested, safest. I generally do solo rides of 30 or so miles at a moderate pace. I like to ride from my front door not drive somewhere to ride.

Last edited by yancy0303; 08-14-2022 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-14-2022, 08:21 AM

We’ve been in a hyper real estate boom since you lived here. I’d say Gallatin or Lebanon won’t look like what you remember. Look on the far side from Nashville of either of those towns. The roads and countryside are nice in either but you will probably want to get further out if possible.

Do you need to live on that side of Nashville? Southern Williamson and Maury county are spectacular riding. Look around the Natchez Trace Parkway. How far out of Nashville still works for you? Cannon County has some spectacular geography, (east of Murfreesboro). Generally, once you get farther out than one hour from downtown, you’ll start getting little to no traffic riding.
Old 08-15-2022, 05:06 AM

Check out the Perimeter Trail at Sewanee. I'm not sure if you can mtb the whole route but the trails on the Domain are rad plus you can stop in the Blue Chair for a pimento cheese.

If you need a bird dog, look at Riverview Farm in Franklin.