Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-13-2022, 05:59 PM
NJ/NashV/PDX

eBay Item marked delivered and not??

What is the best path when tracking shows it was delivered to your mailbox. And you went out under 3 minutes after USPS drove away and in fact item wasn't... [at least to you, err.. me].

eBay seems to intentionally not be geared to help frankly. Let's make them click in circles until they give up, yo! ;O

I did check the one house on the block with a similar looking 5 digit address the average dyslexic mail carrier might have delivered to, to no avail...
Old 08-13-2022, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robt57 View Post
What is the best path when tracking shows it was delivered to your mailbox. And you went out under 3 minutes after USPS drove away and in fact item wasn't... [at least to you, err.. me].

eBay seems to intentionally not be geared to help frankly. Let's make them click in circles until they give up, yo! ;O

I did check the one house on the block with a similar looking 5 digit address the average dyslexic mail carrier might have delivered to, to no avail...
I’ve had this happen a few times, and in most cases it’s the driver marking the item as delivered to meet their internal delivery quotas without actually delivering the items. But the item would arrive a day or two later.

So be patient, but definitely sign up for alerts and email or put in a general inquiry just to cover your bases at USPS.
Old 08-13-2022, 06:38 PM
Back At It!

^^ This, I would give it a day or two and see..
Old 08-13-2022, 07:07 PM

Dealing with this right now - hopeful it just hasn't been delivered yet despite USPS marking it as such.
Old 08-13-2022, 08:20 PM

I've had this happen before, but it may have been with UPS instead of USPS. The item eventually showed up.
Old 08-13-2022, 08:28 PM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Thanks for the replies...

Some days the little things bother me more than the big things on other days I guess.
Old 08-14-2022, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzerniner View Post
I’ve had this happen a few times, and in most cases it’s the driver marking the item as delivered to meet their internal delivery quotas without actually delivering the items.
With USPS?

I’ve had that happen with UPS, when there was snow or storm - they literally did a lap of my cul de sac, marked packages delivered, and drove off. Just too damn lazy/late to actually step out of the van.
Old 08-14-2022, 09:28 AM

Ask the local postmaster about your package. That should get things stirred up.
Old 08-14-2022, 08:55 PM

It's becoming pretty common for USPS to mark packages delivered when they come into the local office and not when they get actually delivered. They almost always show up a day or two later though.

Steels are Alloys too!
Old 08-15-2022, 08:18 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by robt57 View Post

Not trying to be a shill for eBay but they are just the 'plumbing' to get the item sold then to a carrier...The carrier is on the hook, not eBay.
Old 08-15-2022, 10:50 AM

Usps

Because my wife once had her own personal stalker, l have the USPS service which sends me an email with a scan of what is coming in the mail that day. Often, a piece of mail is scanned in nearby Greenville, SC with the expectation that it will make it to my small town PO in time for delivery. Sometimes, it just doesn’t make it. The service is also great for packages. Our mail carrier is a contractor and she is very good, but I think USPS in my area has suffered greatly since the new Postmaster General took over. This may not be the case in more urban areas.
Old 08-15-2022, 10:59 AM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpoole8537 View Post
Because my wife once had her own personal stalker, l have the USPS service which sends me an email with a scan of what is coming in the mail that day. Often, a piece of mail is scanned in nearby Greenville, SC with the expectation that it will make it to my small town PO in time for delivery. Sometimes, it just doesn’t make it. The service is also great for packages. Our mail carrier is a contractor and she is very good, but I think USPS in my area has suffered greatly since the new Postmaster General took over. This may not be the case in more urban areas.
If you mean informed delivery, I have this.

I should have said maybe both eBay and USPS have this market as delivered to mailbox.

I have had two items that were rare hunted items I have had same issues with. One took a USPS file complaint to get some ars moving on it. One, it was claimed resolved before it was.

We get the annoyance of the contractors gaming the tracking system obviously. Then I have had issue with a neighbor that plays stupid hoping stuff mis-delivered to his box in true net zero fashion.

These were cycling Jerseys I will mention to gain sympathy.

My mail is not fun. And my main peeve after lost stuff is my having to do the job someone else got paid for, wah! ;O
Old 08-15-2022, 11:06 AM

Have you considered getting a PO Box or private mail box?

Those folks pick up at the post office and track packages coming in and out
Old 08-15-2022, 05:32 PM

Oddly, I had the opposite happen.

Package delivered on Saturday.
Today the electronic notification came through that it was delivered . .

Old 08-15-2022, 07:25 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzerniner View Post
I’ve had this happen a few times, and in most cases it’s the driver marking the item as delivered to meet their internal delivery quotas without actually delivering the items. But the item would arrive a day or two later.

So be patient, but definitely sign up for alerts and email or put in a general inquiry just to cover your bases at USPS.
this exactly, has happened to me probably a hand full of times (yes its very annoying)