Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-26-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
OMG this is like totally my favorite piece off the bike, it's super awesome when I'm not drinking Pernod...
1) Isadore makes great stuff. (Not too fond of that particular piece, though)

2) Your lexicon needs a little help. Not sure Pernod drinkers are going to be articulating themselves like that...
Old 01-26-2020, 10:10 AM

Sometimes I think the trying too hard dig is thrown at any cyclist who tries to look like they didn't get dressed in dark randomly pulling stuff out of a drawer.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
1) Isadore makes great stuff. (Not too fond of that particular piece, though)

2) Your lexicon needs a little help. Not sure Pernod drinkers are going to be articulating themselves like that...
OMG have you even tried Pernod? Probably not...

Okay this one is really my bestie.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 10.13.09 AM.png (19.0 KB, 384 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 10.12.46 AM.jpg (40.6 KB, 385 views)
Old 01-26-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
You owe me a new keyboard ... I spit coffee all over it.
Paceline Users Agreement
Section 2(3)(b)

If any member, upon reading any post, spontaneously loses control of previously inhaled substances, that member shall be deemed solely responsible for said loss, rather than the poster.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:47 AM

I've been happy with LaPassione kit. Yeah, the name is kind of dumb, but I like the simple, non garish look. The material has lasted well and the cost is very fair. Shipping from Italy is free and has arrived as quickly as three days.

Last edited by Hellgate; 01-26-2020 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:01 AM

Most stylish for my gear is an easy one.

I have a couple of Victor Osborne hand made in NYC cycling caps that he did as a joint limited run with Outlier around 2011 or 2012. One waterproof in Supermarine cotton and the more stylish charcoal wool cap, both in an actual size large.

His store in NYC closed in 2012 (sounds like he has had a few stores over the years) but looks like he is still at it, although do not see any bike caps in his current offerings, on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/VictorOsborne

- Fashions go out of style, style never goes out of fashion
Old 01-26-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
C´mon... i will fail miserably if i ever try ! I am not that smooth!

Naaah. It's easy: tape on sideburns, place chin on stem.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:06 PM

One thing that I find really interesting is that a big part of cycling’s explosive growth in the past decade (so, post lance et al), is cycling clothing that is not embarrassing to wear and also kind of stylish.

Making gear that isn’t an embarrassment helps remove one of the rites of passage away from riding bikes. “If you are going to have the most fun in your life, you will be embarrassed to be seen by someone you know. You will learn to love it.”

Making gear that is “cool” or “stylish” makes it really easy for people...mainly millennials and women, to get into bikes because they see the activity as a lifestyle as opposed to a sport. The clothing moves away from being required equipment and into being another opportunity to express your special uniqueness.

It sounds like a joke, but I really think that has helped cycling culture and the cycling industry. I am thinking of my close friend that just fell in love with playing golf (apparently it’s as addictive as gambling) but has no friends that golf, hates the gear, and is watching the sport atrophy because it doesn’t appeal to the two new biggest market demographics.

Seriously though, Rapha deserves some credit. I grew up skateboarding and I was so interested in the Rapha brand in the early 2000’s because it was so familiar—they were turning cycling into a lifestyle activity. That opened the gates to all types of riders and riding. Now...let’s talk about gravel next!

I like la passione, I am still consistently impressed with Rapha, my girlfriend (millennial woman) absolutely loves Veloccio. Isadore looks like cool stuff. And then two brands, cafe du cycliste and god and famous represent two interesting takes on bike clothing. CDC is a strong push towards lifestyle with sweater-like outerwear and Pernod pockets. God and famous is this weird almost street wear brand but trends towards performance wear over lifestyle.

Even though I just wrote three paragraphs of text on this, I have to say that this thread needs more pictures!!!
Old 01-26-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJWS View Post
One thing that I find really interesting is that a big part of cycling’s explosive growth in the past decade (so, post lance et al), is cycling clothing that is not embarrassing to wear and also kind of stylish.

Making gear that isn’t an embarrassment helps remove one of the rites of passage away from riding bikes. “If you are going to have the most fun in your life, you will be embarrassed to be seen by someone you know. You will learn to love it.”

Making gear that is “cool” or “stylish” makes it really easy for people...mainly millennials and women, to get into bikes because they see the activity as a lifestyle as opposed to a sport. The clothing moves away from being required equipment and into being another opportunity to express your special uniqueness.

It sounds like a joke, but I really think that has helped cycling culture and the cycling industry. I am thinking of my close friend that just fell in love with playing golf (apparently it’s as addictive as gambling) but has no friends that golf, hates the gear, and is watching the sport atrophy because it doesn’t appeal to the two new biggest market demographics.

Seriously though, Rapha deserves some credit. I grew up skateboarding and I was so interested in the Rapha brand in the early 2000’s because it was so familiar—they were turning cycling into a lifestyle activity. That opened the gates to all types of riders and riding. Now...let’s talk about gravel next!

I like la passione, I am still consistently impressed with Rapha, my girlfriend (millennial woman) absolutely loves Veloccio. Isadore looks like cool stuff. And then two brands, cafe du cycliste and god and famous represent two interesting takes on bike clothing. CDC is a strong push towards lifestyle with sweater-like outerwear and Pernod pockets. God and famous is this weird almost street wear brand but trends towards performance wear over lifestyle.

Even though I just wrote three paragraphs of text on this, I have to say that this thread needs more pictures!!!
Great answer.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:14 PM
shimergo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohagen View Post
Which model do you have? They have a half dozen bib shorts.
I have their "signature" bibs: https://velocio.cc/collections/mens-...ture-bib-short
Old 01-26-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJWS View Post

Oh come on....nobody here is arguing against your premise. Either way, can you post a photo of you wearing your cutest top?

Have a laugh.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:34 PM
il Curmudgeoni

I have to go with these....

Old 01-26-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post
I have to go with these....

Nice!

But why'd you have t go and follow the rules and actually answer to OP's question?
Old 01-26-2020, 12:53 PM
aka mbrt

Choke,
Who makes those shoes?

Ray
Old 01-26-2020, 12:53 PM

Lampre kit is big in Europe