Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Today, 12:59 PM

Zwift Bike?

Has anyone here bought the newish Zwift bike, that sets up on one of the Wahoo Kickr smart trainers? I'm vaguely tempted, since it will vastly simplify the winter set up, making it easy (I think) for my wife and I to train on the smart trainer without the hassle of shifting between her 11 speed and my 12 speed bikes.

Does the shifting feel relatively realistic (i.e. similar to shifting with an actual bike on the trainer)? Is it fairly comfortable?
Old Today, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onno View Post
Has anyone here bought the newish Zwift bike, that sets up on one of the Wahoo Kickr smart trainers? I'm vaguely tempted, since it will vastly simplify the winter set up, making it easy (I think) for my wife and I to train on the smart trainer without the hassle of shifting between her 11 speed and my 12 speed bikes.

Does the shifting feel relatively realistic (i.e. similar to shifting with an actual bike on the trainer)? Is it fairly comfortable?
I haven't, but I can't imagine that adjusting all of the fit options on a Ride each time for yourself/wife, would take less time than taking off and putting on one bike or the other onto the trainer. And if space permits, 2 Wahoo Kickr Cores would be cheaper than the Ride+Kickr Core pkg.
Old Today, 01:09 PM
Randomhead

You can get one of the trainers with virtual shifting and avoid messing around with the derailleurs.
Old Today, 01:56 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
You can get one of the trainers with virtual shifting and avoid messing around with the derailleurs.
Yeah. I hate Zwift as a company, but if you are using the app as your only indoor riding program, the Click Cog (I think that’s the name) makes a lot of sense. Only works with Zwift, keep in mind.
Old Today, 02:15 PM
Randomhead

It also works with trainerroad or any other app using erg mode. I feel like other apps are going to figure out how they are doing it. I thought about making something like it myself before it came out.