Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Old 05-05-2017, 10:54 PM

We survived a sand storm yesterday. A little bit like the sandstorm scene in madmax. Today the strong winds pushed all that stuff away and is sunny and beautiful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8530.jpg (118.7 KB, 171 views)
Old 05-05-2017, 11:19 PM
ZhugeLiang

yashcha pal, read about the sand storm in the news, glad you survived it. You must be the only one with possessions of the Zanc-s in the whole of China...I dare to wager.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:54 PM

Just barely survived it. In 2015 I was riding in the mountains when it hit. I had like 100 feet of visibility and we still had 40 miles to ride. Beyond epic.

This is China. I bet there is some rich guy who has like 7 zanks in his penthouse.

Last edited by yashcha; 05-06-2017 at 04:21 AM.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:13 AM
needs adult supervision

Before your report, a Zanc alu was alluring. After reading and photo-looking, the allure has gone to 11. Thanks (I think).
Old 05-06-2017, 10:21 AM

In the past twenty years I have owned about 60 different frames (used to work in a bike shop). This bike is easily the best I have ridden. My Ritchey Road Logic I had in 1998 is a close second, although most of that is just nostalgia.

This is on top of one of the tallest peaks in southern maine. I think it was only like a five minute climb, but steeeeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb01742 View Post
Before your report, a Zanc alu was alluring. After reading and photo-looking, the allure has gone to 11. Thanks (I think).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6394.jpg (126.9 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by yashcha; 05-06-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:18 PM

awesome man. My dad lives in Kittery on the water. I live in FL but when i visit him i love the riding around there. I lived there for 15 years. know all the back roads. I wish i still lived there. Only in the summer of course.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcha View Post
In the past twenty years I have owned about 60 different frames (used to work in a bike shop). This bike is easily the best I have ridden. My Ritchey Road Logic I had in 1998 is a close second, although most of that is just nostalgia.

This is on top of one of the tallest peaks in southern maine. I think it was only like a five minute climb, but steeeeep!
sweet, just sweet. such a great feeling to be stoked on the ride
Old 05-07-2017, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregblow View Post
awesome man. My dad lives in Kittery on the water. I live in FL but when i visit him i love the riding around there. I lived there for 15 years. know all the back roads. I wish i still lived there. Only in the summer of course.
Gregg, the winter riding was better than I expected, the making of a strong man. There was very little traffic, it was cold, raining or snowing, and windy on every ride. My Zanconato aged 10 years in just one winter. I liked the Seven you sold me in 2013, but I was always wondering if the rear tire was flat.

When I was a kid, I thought Kittery was just the outlet malls. I had no idea it had a cool little downtown by the water with a nice ramen restaurant, and a killer coffee shop with amazing doughnuts.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcha View Post
the winter riding was better than I expected, the making of a strong man. There was very little traffic, it was cold, raining or snowing, and windy on every ride. My Zanconato aged 10 years in just one winter.
Kudos to you.