Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 07:01 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
He learned nothing.
Bingo.
Guess what? the only opinion that counts is his employer's. Spend more time listening than talking. But no! He doubles down on his stance. In public!

I don't accept youth as an excuse any longer...not when socially media is littered with people who have stepped on their own richards before him. women too.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabyjones View Post
I use white emojis and feel strange matching the emoji to my skin tone (very dark brown). I'm also lazy and rarely bother to change the settings on my iPhone. One of these days a fellow POC may call me on my leisureliness. I guess there are a few areas of non-white privilege.
How dare you appropriate my culture!!!!
Old 02-27-2021, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
What an embarassing statement.

The pursuit of hatred.
Read the interview in its entirety. He refuses to acknowledge he did anything wrong. And yeah, if he'd just had the werewithal back then to say, look, everyone I screwed up, my bad, this would have blown over.

Then he goes so far as to say not only did he do nothing wrong, he shouldnt have been suspended, essentially saying his employer made the wrong call.

Well, he's free to say what he wants, but decisions have consequences. If I'm Trek, I cut him loose tomorrow.

I don't hate the kid. I just think he's dumber than a bag of hammers.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycletricycle View Post
These kind of demands for bannings are strange.
There have been others?
Old 02-27-2021, 07:36 PM
Viva Chamucos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycletricycle View Post
These kind of demands for bannings are strange.
Some rare wisdom and perspective...

Too bad some folks are “dumber than a bag of hammers” to understand what you so concisely state.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:39 PM

The whole story

"Simmons took to Twitter on Wednesday in response to a post from cycling journalist and commentator José Been about the upcoming US election whereby she stated: “My dear American friends, I hope this horrible presidency ends for you. And for us as (former?) allies too. If you follow me and support Trump, you can go. There is zero excuse to follow or vote for the vile, horrible, man”, to which Simmons replied “bye” with an emoji of a hand with black skin tone waving.

When Simmons was referred to as a “Trumper” in a reply, he responded: “That’s right” with an emoji of an American flag."

Sounds like it wasn't just because of the black hand, but the context as well.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:08 PM

Looks like an online smear against someone you don’t even know combined with a taunt against the mods. Intentionally insulting and certainly divisive.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:26 PM

I will jump in, I actually defended him at first, not that I thought what he did was ok, but I thought ok, who of us didn't do something dumb as a 18 year old, thankfully there was no twitter when I was 18.
However now that is doubling down after I am sure that Trek and others have spoken to him and explained to him the responsibility of being a public figure, the guy deserves any suspensions or firings that will come his way, he is a complete douche
Old 02-27-2021, 08:31 PM

I may be the biggest heathen around but I think many these days could learn from a little bible reading...

"So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

Ain't none of us perfect.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:46 PM

No one's perfect for sure, but I'll always root for those who spread love more than hate, at any age.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post
I may be the biggest heathen around but I think many these days could learn from a little bible reading...

"So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

That’s fine and all but if you go on social media and offend people your employer/sponsor might decide you aren’t worth the trouble. Im not trying to debate cancel culture or whatever it’s just the world we live in now and it’s more profitable to not have someone that pisses people off representing your brand, most of the time.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:32 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post

None of us is perfect but many of us do a better job of understanding the world and our responsibility as an employee.

Optics.

It’s a thing
Old 02-27-2021, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtechnica View Post
"Simmons took to Twitter on Wednesday in response to a post from cycling journalist and commentator José Been about the upcoming US election whereby she stated: “My dear American friends, I hope this horrible presidency ends for you. And for us as (former?) allies too. If you follow me and support Trump, you can go. There is zero excuse to follow or vote for the vile, horrible, man”, to which Simmons replied “bye” with an emoji of a hand with black skin tone waving.

When Simmons was referred to as a “Trumper” in a reply, he responded: “That’s right” with an emoji of an American flag."

Sounds like it wasn't just because of the black hand, but the context as well.
If theres anything worse than a dark emoji, it must certainly be an American flag. Or, is it something else?
Old 02-27-2021, 10:22 PM

Quote:
If theres anything worse than a dark emoji, it must certainly be an American flag. Or, is it something else?
Some people here seem to hate dancing bananas more than anything.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Sigh do I have to spell it out for you or what
Closed Thread

Tags
folly of youth, locked threads