Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-09-2019, 10:06 AM

Probike kit?

Has anyone ordered anything from Probike kit in the UK recently?

I recall awhile ago seeing some threads taking about bad experiences with them, wondering if that is a thing of the past or not?
Old 09-09-2019, 10:10 AM

I just did Mon last week.

Got a message that there was "a delay" in fulfillment but they were checking on it. Got another message Thurs night saying it shipped but the tracking number still isn't active as of an hour ago...

And the shipping invoice prices did not match (they were a lot higher) the prices on my sale receipt but the amount charged to my CC matched the receipt.

Last edited by Dr Luxurious; 09-09-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:16 AM

I order regularly from them...never any issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2019, 12:07 PM
aka RAEKWON

Before it used to take ages for stuff to arrive (but always areived), lately it has been great for me
Old 09-09-2019, 12:10 PM

funny. I just ordered some Oakley Zero Paths on a whim and they arrived in maybe two weeks? I'm in Montreal, Canada. Surprisingly didn't get any taxes/duties applied either.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:28 PM

Just ordered a pair today...I haven’t been charged duty in a while. Most orders around $200-300 seem to slip through without extra duty.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntb1001 View Post
Just ordered a pair today...I haven’t been charged duty in a while. Most orders around $200-300 seem to slip through without extra duty.

Canada may be different, but in the US that's $800 I think.
Good timing on this thread. I was actually coming to search for experiences with PBK. I remembered it being very hit or miss in the past.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:54 PM

They charge sales tax now for me, which makes them more expensive than some of the other UK etailers.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:39 PM

Ordered two tires, two weeks ago. Arrived with zero problems.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:15 PM

I won't order from them again, but my advice to others would be to avoid them at all costs around the holidays.

Two of us placed similar orders last December, and although our CC's were charged immediately, I recall there were no packages sent out for several weeks, and no notifications of any delay.

It got worse, when both of our packages arrived with only one of the components that had been ordered, yet the included shipping slip indicated both had been put in each package. I actually called to let them know that the box had been compromised, and then they told me the other part (an ordinary Shimano cassette) had never been shipped because they still didn't have them.
Another month went by with no further notifications, so I finally contacted my CC and requested a refund. That's when PBK lied to my CC co and told them that they never had promised to ship the items, as if the deal was that I was supposed to go there from CA and pick up the part that wasn't shipped and likely still wasn't in stock.
Each of us got our partial refunds and said never again.

Last edited by dddd; 09-09-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:15 PM

I ordered a pair of sciroccos from them, it arrived fast and safe to a remote country(I was in Taiwan at that time).
Old 09-10-2019, 07:39 AM

I order from them pretty regularly. No issues, other than occasionally slow shipping, but no issues other than slight inconvenience if they're drop shipping.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:24 AM

Never had an issue with PBK or other UK web orders. Wiggle- on May 21 I ordered some Giro shoes. They were delivered DHL on May 23 in San Diego. Unreal.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:48 AM

I had a really crappy experience with them that Old Spud eventually helped me with (I posted elsewhere about this). They had absolutely no intention of ever helping me but every time I contacted them they acted like it was Campy's fault for being away on holiday and that they were diligently following-up.

My two cents is that if you are ordering tires or disposable items that aren't worth a whole lot then it might be worth it to you to roll the dice to save a few dollars. However, trust me when I say that if you order a set of wheels and it shows up with issues you'll be kicking yourself over the headache of dealing with them.

I have no intention of ordering from them again. I'm happy to pay more from a vendor that will provide support, should I need it.