Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Two wheels good

Quote:
Originally Posted by #campyuserftw View Post
I think our Federal Reserve is a joke. I believe Cubits will take over, once again:

Battlestar Galactica - Cubits
South Park - Parshon (space of cash)
The Flintstones - Clam
My Little Pony - Jangles
Bladerunner - Chin-Yen
Legend of Zelda - Rupee
Star Wars - Galactic Credit Standard
Star Trek - Federation Credit
Paceline Forum- Rapha
Old 12-07-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfox View Post
this surprises you?
No, of course not. As you say, antisemitism is one nasty element of goldbuggery. But by all accounts, Ray's a very good guy. My hope, then, was that if I confronted him, gently, with the offensive implications of the quotes he included in his post, he might think twice before passing along that kind of stuff in the future.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Given the numerous complaints over the years, if he hasn't changed by now it seems unlikely that he'll bother to change in the future.

I don't think anyone can be so unaware of how his continued postings on the FRM subject appear to others (like a cracked record, the same thing over and over again), and Ray's a pretty smart guy, so I can only conclude that he doesn't really believe that stuff, and he's doing it for fun. Otherwise, the alternative (that he really does believe it, and thinks that his postings sound rational) is pretty silly. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I agree, subtle, or not so subtle antisemitism is not acceptable, whether written by a poster or in a quote.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Given the numerous complaints over the years, if he hasn't changed by now it seems unlikely that he'll bother to change in the future.

I don't think anyone can be so unaware of how his continued postings on the FRM subject appear to others (like a cracked record, the same thing over and over again), and Ray's a pretty smart guy, so I can only conclude that he doesn't really believe that stuff, and he's doing it for fun. Otherwise, the alternative (that he really does believe it, and thinks that his postings sound rational) is pretty silly. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I agree, subtle, or not so subtle antisemitism is not acceptable, whether written by a poster or in a quote.
You started a thread where you called out "Ray" in the initial post title, looking for a reaction, to incite him. I think what you did, subtle or not, was mostly wrong, somewhat unfair, and perhaps an apology to Ray is in order.

Peace and cheers people: it's the Holidays, and that's not subtle.

:eggnog:
Old 12-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
You started a thread where you called out "Ray" in the initial post title, looking for a reaction, to incite him. I think what you did, subtle or not, was mostly wrong, somewhat unfair, and perhaps an apology to Ray is in order.
Dude, you need to go back and see when this thread was first started.

This isn't a new thread, and dates back to when there was a flurry of interest in Bitcoins; before you were even a member of this forum (or at least in your current incarnation). That's why what I initially posted was the price of Mt Gox, and if you look at the tone of the discussion it's about bitcoins, not Ray. It has since turned into a "Ray and FRNs thread" which is a separate issue.

Before you appoint yourself judge of all that is right on the forum and run around asking for apologies for other folks, I suggest you figure out what's really going on.

Louis

Last edited by Louis; 12-07-2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Fixed an error
Old 12-07-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akelman View Post
Ray, I know that Louis baited you with this thread, and I'm sorry he did that.
+1, agreed.

Cheers and Happy Holidays, may Hanukkah and Christmas bring peace and prosperity, coins or no coins, to all.

Last edited by #campyuserftw; 12-07-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Mr.Chicken Legs

I still believe that Standard is better then compact. And that all compact people are idiots.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
+1, agreed.

Cheers and Happy Holidays to all, may Hanukkah and Christmas bring peace and prosperity, coins or no coins, to all.
Ari's a long-time member, a good guy, and I consider him a friend, so I decided to let that go. I have no clue who you are, but you decided to pile on, asking that I apologize. Sorry, but both you and Ari are wrong on this. All you have to do is go back and see what was posted in the thread when it first went up. Even when JLWDM brought the thread back to life, it was about bitcoins, not about Ray.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
+1, agreed.

Cheers and Happy Holidays, may Hanukkah and Christmas bring peace and prosperity, coins or no coins, to all.
I'd rather not end up in the middle of you and Louis. As I understand it, Louis and Ray have been giving each other grief for years about this stuff. Moreover, I missed that the OP was from months ago. That was my mistake.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsocks View Post
I still believe that Standard is better then compact. And that all compact people are idiots.
Triple is best of all.

Last edited by Louis; 12-07-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:35 PM

Sorry, Louis. I didn't see your comment when I posted mine. Regardless, it was the title of the thread that made me think you were baiting Ray. Still, that was a long time ago, and I missed the date stamp on the OP. Again, my bad.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Sorry, Louis. I didn't see your comment when I posted mine. Regardless, it was the title of the thread that made me think you were baiting Ray. Still, that was a long time ago, and I missed the date stamp on the OP. Again, my bad.
No problem.

Take care.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
I'd rather not end up in the middle of you and Louis. As I understand it, Louis and Ray have been giving each other grief for years about this stuff. Moreover, I missed that the OP was from months ago. That was my mistake.
Sorry, I did not know. Campy is better than Shimano, no matter what the funding!

Egg nog, wine or beer around. I'm into egg nog these days lol.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I did not know.
No worries on my end. Like I said above, I just wanted to make sure I didn't get drafted as proxy in a squabble on a bike forum. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Righteous Kwanzaa, or whatever suits your holiday tradition!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

I'm glad this has been resolved so amicably.

Now, regarding the Affordable Care Act...