Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2024, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimoots View Post
That’s ok, our choices are our choice right?.....

And hey, I know what I know and don’t know what I don’t know. If you have any solid research that connects energy consumption on the bike with poor outcomes I’d honestly love to read it.
Yeah that is the thing right? I mean we all research & learn & it is not my place to educate as it is there straight from the educators...the doctors, the scientist, the nutritionist

There are so many just google any question about long term effects of high sugar consumption & we have possible "Long Term" effects.

TO say otherwise is similar to the we only eat Steak & butter folks these days who say LDL cholesterol doesn't matter for us...because we are different

BUT on the flip side... yes of course if you google high sugar for training & you will get many hits from mainly sites that their main focus is highest output of watts & replacing that energy ASAP...but

Where exactly are their credentials of long term studies? Are they Medical Doctors, Scientists? Or mainly PHD Sport Physiology types?

Again don't get me wrong I am not preaching to anyone. I have been at this for over 40 years. I ate tons of bars & gels as soon as they were invented.

I am older now & like many have also mentioned the juice is just not worth the squeeze.

It is funny though as I wonder how many using these high sugar methods are training for competition or just cycle hobby folks exercising?

Because to be honest if I was new to cycling & someone told me I need to eat 60-100 grams of sugar an hour to do this exercise efficiently I would laugh or find a new exercise.

But I agree 101% with you when you say..."That’s ok, our choices are our choice right?"

Thanks & sorry I never intended to sway anything

My original post just stated I wish way back when someone told me take a closer look & weigh it all for longevity & myself personally.