Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 04:29 PM
I need you cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrider View Post
Ha...yes, but it's all worth enduring in an effort to raise the kids around so many cousins/aunts/uncles etc.....every time we get all 12 or so cousins together we kick ourselves for not being closer....
Hah! Our boys have 7+ cousins (6 boys, 1 girl) all within 3 hours (most within 30 minutes)....we occasionally kick ourselves for being so close.

Clarification: The cousins are great....it is my 4 sisters that are too much!
Old 08-02-2021, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Yes, the brother who lives in Beaverton has done well for himself and has a second place at Black Butte.....which, if and when I buy the lottery, will be the first place I'm looking to buy real estate. We absolutely love going there and usually spend a couple of weeks in June/July during non pandemic summers
dude don't buy in OR.....just move across the Columbia to Vancouver, WA and get the benefit of ZERO state income tax.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:30 PM

A tenet will not just be put out on the street..
First the Landlord will have to take the tenant to court, and with the backlog of cases that will occur, that will take months. The Landlord will then get the ability to evict for non-payment of rent, and they will need a Sheriff to process the eviction, which will also be backlogged.
It will probably take a year from now for a tenant to actually be evicted.
The Landlord will get a judgement that will give them the ability to garnish the tenants wages (if the tenant can be found)
The Landlord will still need to pay his mortgage and tax, unless he defaults, and then it will take awhile for the bank to foreclosure.

Last edited by Tony T; 08-02-2021 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Yes, the brother who lives in Beaverton has done well for himself and has a second place at Black Butte.....which, if and when I buy the lottery, will be the first place I'm looking to buy real estate. We absolutely love going there and usually spend a couple of weeks in June/July during non pandemic summers
My In-laws have lived in Black Butte for 20 years. Even though it is only 30 miles away distance wise it feels completely different to Bend. It gets my nephews and nieces families up here for visits so my kids get to see their cousins regularly.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
California provides relief for both tenants and small landlords. I’m not sure what the cut-off point is for defining what a “small” landlord is. Easy and convenient in these highly politicized and fraught times to demonize the “other” side.

And lazy, too.
Well, the only choices seem to be wild and often uninformed speculation about the end of the eviction moratorium, castigating Olympic gold medalists, denouncing Olympians who pull out of an event due to mental health reasons, or pronounce the death of tubular tires and rim brakes - again. This is a cycling forum, after all.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldar77 View Post
My In-laws have lived in Black Butte for 20 years. Even though it is only 30 miles away distance wise it feels completely different to Bend. It gets my nephews and nieces families up here for visits so my kids get to see their cousins regularly.
Dude it's ridiculous.......I love it
Old 08-02-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
California provides relief for both tenants and small landlords. I’m not sure what the cut-off point is for defining what a “small” landlord is. Easy and convenient in these highly politicized and fraught times to demonize the “other” side.

And lazy, too.
According to my research, as landlords, we wouldn't qualify based on income
Old 08-02-2021, 04:52 PM
I need you cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben View Post
Well, the only choices seem to be wild and often uninformed speculation about the end of the eviction moratorium, castigating Olympic gold medalists, denouncing Olympians who pull out of an event due to mental health reasons, or pronounce the death of tubular tires and rim brakes - again. This is a cycling forum, after all.
WHAT??!?!?? Tubular tires and Rim Brakes are dead!?

I didn't even know they were sick......

A new thread must be started to investigate this......
Old 08-02-2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
A tenet will not just be put out on the street..
First the Landlord will have to take the tenant to court, and with the backlog of cases that will occur, that will take months. The Landlord will then get the ability to evict for non-payment of rent, and they will need a Sheriff to process the eviction, which will also be backlogged.
It will probably take a year from now for a tenant to actually be evicted.
The Landlord will get a judgement that will give them the ability to garnish the tenants wages (if the tenant can be found)
The Landlord will still need to pay his mortgage and tax, unless he defaults, and then it will take awhile for the bank to foreclosure.
Seems wrong to me.

Why anyone would invest capital in residential housing is beyond me.

That is nuts.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJMUNC View Post
dude don't buy in OR.....just move across the Columbia to Vancouver, WA and get the benefit of ZERO state income tax.
If the goal is to be close to family in Beaverton, you're talking a 1-hr plus drive each way if living in Vancouver... unless you like visiting at 3am. Plus, you have to live in Vancouver. And ride your bike there. Saving on taxes only makes up for so much.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
WHAT??!?!?? Tubular tires and Rim Brakes are dead!?

I didn't even know they were sick......

A new thread must be started to investigate this......
Wanna hear something really crazy? Some people still think that the earth is round.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
If the goal is to be close to family in Beaverton, you're talking a 1-hr plus drive each way if living in Vancouver... unless you like visiting at 3am. Plus, you have to live in Vancouver. And ride your bike there. Saving on taxes only makes up for so much.
Haha….well see that’s what I get for basing my point on having been there, 20yrs ago. We are always trying to find new places to put on the short list of next jumps/retirement options. The no tax thing is a non-negotiable, so our options are already constrained.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I've asked several people who I thought would've known the answer to this, but I'm still not getting a good answer. I know there are a ton of folks in here with different housing industry experience so hoping I can find answer here.

This is not an attempt to get into political debate.

That said, I'm curious about this Eviction Moratorium that is ending today. I'm not against credits or vouchers being given to tenants so they're just not out on the street, but are their any sort of credits or vouchers given to the landlords??
The law was always written as a DELAY of paying the rent, until the pandemic is over (two weeks to flatten the curve amirite?).

All you need to do, to remain in your landlords house, is to pay what you agreed to.

Literally everyone who lost money from being "laid off", has been made whole, or more so, through all of the various programs, so everyone should have the rent.

source: I am a landlord and a tenant.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:28 PM
I need you cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJMUNC View Post
Haha….well see that’s what I get for basing my point on having been there, 20yrs ago. We are always trying to find new places to put on the short list of next jumps/retirement options. The no tax thing is a non-negotiable, so our options are already constrained.
No income tax is great....but high property tax, high sales tax, and highest gas tax in the country make up for it....

I've only been to Vancouver passing thru to Portland....traffic is crazy bad...always. I am sure in the city and outskirts it is regular suburban traffic....
Old 08-02-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
if we happened to get a tenant who couldn't make rent, would we be afforded the same or similar program to help with our loan payment to the bank?
Not Federal from what I understand, only some states, not sure about Arizona.

Last edited by Old School; 08-02-2021 at 06:34 PM.
Closed Thread