Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-31-2020, 01:48 PM

Wahoo Bolt + Strava - always a day behind on syncs

Given everything that's going on around our country at the moment, I feel kind of like a Karen complaining about this, however...

A couple months ago I had trouble with rides recorded on my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt not being synced to Strava. Wahoo told me to disconnect then reconnect Strava from the Bolt. That worked, syncing a bunch of rides in the process. I had to do that one other time, though wound up losing one ride.

Now I'm getting a different weird behavior. I noticed a week or so ago that my ride failed to upload. "Oh no, not this again," I thought. I was hesitant to do the disconnect/reconnect dance after the previous ride lossage, but after the next ride it recorded both that day's ride and the previous one. Whew! Except it happened again. Now instead of catching up, it seems to always be one ride behind. This has happened for the last three or four rides. Yesterday I went for a leisurely ride with some family members. It didn't sync at the end. Instead the ride from the day before that synced. After today's ride yesterday's ride synced.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior recently? I'm probably going to disconnect/reconnect Strava from the Bolt. Hopefully that will solve the problem. Still, some confirmation from the group might at least reassure me that I'm not going mad.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:53 PM

Yes, I have. I thought I was going crazy, but I also have a Wahoo Roam that syncs immediately.

Often, it seems like I have had to open the Wahoo app and go to the history page, then wait for the ride to sync from there. Today, my ride failed to sync at all. I power cycled the Bolt, and force closed and reopened the app, and that covered it.
Old 05-31-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiwentg View Post
Yes, I have. I thought I was going crazy, but I also have a Wahoo Roam that syncs immediately.

Often, it seems like I have had to open the Wahoo app and go to the history page, then wait for the ride to sync from there. Today, my ride failed to sync at all. I power cycled the Bolt, and force closed and reopened the app, and that covered it.
Ditto yesterday. Getting tired of this. Went thru having to reset everything to get text notifications back, and sync, and a couple days later had to do the dance above.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:04 PM
Serotta Red

Location: Leawood, KS- It is in Kansas City, July west tisbury October tucson
Not crazy

Me too,

Searching for syncing nothing
Turned it off and back on ride transfer
All software is up to date

Although yesterday downloaded in 2 seconds
SN# HC-54-265
Old 05-31-2020, 05:29 PM
#RYFB

Separate thread on this as well.

For me, the reliable fix is to kill the app on the phone, restart the app, then in history page pull down from the top to force the sync. No need to power down the BOLT.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:45 PM

Force quitting the app then restarting it seemed to sync today's ride. Hopefully it's okay going forward.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:56 PM

My Elemnt Bolt has been doing this too. My workaround has been to manually remove the ride file from the head unit and upload to Strava + TrainingPeaks. It's a PITA.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:27 PM

This started happening again a few days ago. Seems I have to deauthorize/reauthorize the Strava app and/or force stop the Elemnt app. Sometimes that doesn't appear to be sufficient. Kind of frustrating.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smontanaro View Post
This started happening again a few days ago. Seems I have to deauthorize/reauthorize the Strava app and/or force stop the Elemnt app. Sometimes that doesn't appear to be sufficient. Kind of frustrating.
Just to check, have you updated your Wahoo to the latest firmware? My units have been fine in the recent weeks - now, I pulled a back muscle on Friday, so I haven't been riding since then, so if things started acting up on Friday that would be a problem.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:41 PM
#RYFB

I reached the end of my tether and simply turned off automatic uploads. Now I simply do it manually, which costs me a couple of seconds … totally worth it
Old 10-19-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiwentg View Post
Just to check, have you updated your Wahoo to the latest firmware?
Thanks for the suggestion. I just checked. I am at version WB15-8859, which does appear to be the latest.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:53 AM

My Bolt has no issues

I have had no issues using my Bolt and an IOS phone on 13.7 (not 14). Occasionally I have had to turn off bluetooth on my phone and turn it back on and to manually start the upload to Strava but not a big deal.

Suggest you read and post to this forum. I have picked up some good tips here.

https://groups.google.com/g/wahoo-elemnt-users

Akan