Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-31-2020, 02:11 PM

Thanks all for you input, Hyperon Ultra Two set from a fellow Paceliner on the way.
Can't wait to give them a try!
Old 05-31-2020, 07:29 PM

What potato says... ive put 27s even in kinlin tb25s and no problems, rim which is narrow enough that many trend followers wont even touch.

As for aero, thats super relative... sometimes a lower profile rim will perform as good as the super aero one, but it depends of the conditions. Put the hyperon and a 50 mm super aero rim in 40 km/h crossed winds like in the patagonia and the hyperon will shine all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
A wider rim DOES 'support' a wider tire more better but I have had Vittoria Paves in 27mm onto Mavic Mach2CDs for...about 10 years?? And no they don't 'bulge' or are unstable. Remember, that cross racers used FAT cross tires on thin rims for decades...
Old 06-25-2020, 02:32 PM

Just a quick update for those that might stumble on this thread while thinking about giving Hyperons a try as I did:
Do it!

While it is hard for me and my riding style to justify the additional money through the potential performance gain, everything else about them is awesome.
They look and feel great, spin forever, are lightweight and braking power with red Campagnolo pads is as good as with any of my other aluminum wheels, at least in dry conditions.
On top of it they are a perfect match for the bike they are on.

Some of this is obviously on the subjective side, but heck, if I had to buy a bike for objective and rational reasons only, pretty much any bike in my size would do.
There is no objective reason for me to own a C40, CSi or JKS either, but it's my hobby and if I consider the joy I get out of them, they are all worth their money.
Same with the Hyperons...

Also, I am sure I wouldn't have lost a lot of money if I decided they are not for me and reposted them here for sale.