Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
I have the plain, non Rapha'd aero road. I would say the ride is borderline uninspiring. Stiff with all the feeling of dead wood.
I had a 2012 Ultimate CF SLX and now have a 2015 version. I would agree with that: light, stiff, dull feel.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:03 PM

It looks pretty.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbnm View Post
And sold out with a waiting list.
Funny how something mass produced in China can be sold out with a waiting list..
Old 11-18-2017, 04:40 PM

Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub View Post
Funny how something mass produced in China can be sold out with a waiting list..
Old 11-18-2017, 05:02 PM
DELETE ACCNT

You smell that? That be the smell of...
Old 11-18-2017, 05:05 PM

Better to ride a Raphas-Canyon Collabo bika than to have to ride with others who have Raphas-Canyon Collabo bikas.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
And sold out with a waiting list.

I'm headed to Lowe's for pink and gray rattle cans. Giving it a day to dry, I'll have mine up in the Classifieds by Tuesday. Use pass code "toiling mamil" to receive 10% rcc discount.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:58 AM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
Better to ride a Raphas-Canyon Collabo bika than to have to ride with others who have Raphas-Canyon Collabo bikas.
Bee pal, I am not one of those people who like to pretend I understand something I don't in order to appear smart or be included into the inner circle. Honestly, I don't understand any of your "better to ride...than to have to ride with others who have..." statements. And while we are at it, I will just go ahead and say this in public, everytime I read your posts on "_____ is so weird," my first reaction is always...errh...actually I thought bee pal is weird.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Wow.
Ya, Wow
Old 11-19-2017, 10:36 AM
DELETE ACCNT

Bee is his own man. To ride with Bee is to know Bee.
If you don't know Bee, you're missing out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
Bee pal, I am not one of those people who like to pretend I understand something I don't in order to appear smart or be included into the inner circle. Honestly, I don't understand any of your "better to ride...than to have to ride with others who have..." statements. And while we are at it, I will just go ahead and say this in public, everytime I read your posts on "_____ is so weird," my first reaction is always...errh...actually I thought bee pal is weird.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
It's just meta-silliness and pseudo-zen pretentiousness. Weird is just a Rorschach exercise. So it means everything and nothing. Life is weird. Bee-pal is weird.

As for Raphas, they sell lovely things. And, yet, they're seen as villains by many. For me they're a manifestation of so many trends (globalism, world-is-flatism, imperialism, scientific management, outsourcing, emotional branding). Short story long, I'm not emotionally invested so I happily wear their apparel and yet I'm a little amused (disturbed) at the ironically conformist mentality on display when more than 2 devotees go for a ride. It's like matching undies with a pal, ya kno? Bottom line, regardless of what's communicated, as Fuzz-pal would state, it's all in service of the ride.

Pasadena, I like your style!

Last edited by beeatnik; 11-21-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:25 PM
DELETE ACCNT

Well said
Old 11-20-2017, 07:59 AM

I was just at the Rapha store in San Fran. They had one of these on display. Whether you're a Rapha devotee or not, it's a good looking bike. And compared to a C'dale/Spec/Trek of same equipment, the price seems somewhat reasonable. I'm not fast enough to ride anything with pink.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:44 PM

Rapha/ Canyon on a budget. I found this tape at the hospital. The anesthesiologists use it to tape ET tubes in place during surgery. No comments about the taillight or housing being too long. I will never own another internally cabled bike again.

Last edited by Hank Scorpio; 08-28-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
and yet I'm a little amused (disturbed) at the ironically conformist mentality on display when more than 2 devotees go for a ride. It's like matching undies with a pal, ya kno?
This.

I know a lot of RCC guys, have ridden with them on their rides. Extremely nice group. Some of my regular riding partners are RCC guys (Though they dont take it as seriously as some) and they are amazing humans. And im far from a Rapha hater, i own numerous pieces.

But there is just something a bit cringeworthy imagining a big RCC group ride with them all kitted in thier RCC kit and all on the same damn bike.