Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-22-2024, 05:53 PM
Kind of OK

Anyone here from Duluth?

We are heading to Duluth for October and bringing the bikes. Any tips on riding in the area?
Old 09-22-2024, 06:19 PM

Mtb!

Did some work in Duluth years back. If you go both ways, strongly suggest you bring your MTB. The trails right in Duluth are comically good/awesome! (photo by Hansi Johnson - a Duluth favorite son)

https://www.coggs.com/trails

Old 09-22-2024, 06:41 PM

I've gone on vacation to Two Harbors (just a bit north of Duluth), and agree on the mountain bike riding. I mountain biked on in a demonstration forest, which was a lot of fun, and a separate time I road on some fun back roads which included some dirt and packed gravel. Last time I was there, there was construction on the path that goes along Superior, but that is fun riding too.

Both of my rides started at or stopped at Spokengear/Cedaero/Cedar coffee company in Two Harbors. https://www.spokengear.com/articles/...king-pg184.htm

Apologies I don't have more Duluth specific info. I know Spirit Mountain is pretty good riding, although I've never been.
Old 09-22-2024, 08:30 PM
love2bike

For road biking, from Canal Park it's a nice 28 mile ride to Two Harbors along old Hwy. 61 along the lake. For bike path riding the Willard Munger Trail will take you 70+ miles. For hill work out, ride up any street from the lake to Skyline Drive along the ridge.