Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-23-2022, 08:53 AM

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences. I'm going to give a set of their bibs a go and see how they work out. I really like that Voler is based in SLO. And yes, tjk23 - the cost of cycling apparel is just crazy. Gloves seem especially pricey to me for what they are.

Thanks!

Texbike
Old 04-14-2022, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texbike View Post
Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences. I'm going to give a set of their bibs a go and see how they work out. I really like that Voler is based in SLO. And yes, tjk23 - the cost of cycling apparel is just crazy. Gloves seem especially pricey to me for what they are.

Thanks!

Texbike
Tex,

Did you do this? What did you get and think? Considering getting some knickers and jersey from them
Old 04-15-2022, 10:20 AM
Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoti View Post
Tex,

Did you do this? What did you get and think? Considering getting some knickers and jersey from them

I have a couple pairs of their Black Label bibs and love them. Strong compression compared to PI, Primal, Garneau, and a couple others I have used. The bib straps go to the side of your chest and the front of the bibs drops down further than others, and I really like both of those design features.

I have a couple jerseys from them and really like those. Last week I bought 3 jerseys and was really wanting to buy Voler jerseys and wind vest, but they either didnt have anything in my size and a good color or the offerings were just...meh.
I like the simple design aesthetic, but some of what Voler has right now is just flat out no pattern at all. Their designs in 2020 and 2021 were much better as they had solid single color jerseys, but with a subtle simple pattern too.
Also, I like their club XL cut(6'5 220#) and a lot of what I would buy from them is only available in their race cut. Oh well. DHB got my money this time.
Old 04-15-2022, 10:58 AM

I got Voler bibs after I got into randonneuring and saw lots of people wearing them. I figured if they worked for people riding 600ks they must be good. And they are. They're my favorite bibs, very well made and comfortable.
Old 04-15-2022, 11:08 AM

I used them for semi-custom jerseys for our company's charity bike teams for many years. they are well made. And bought semi-pro level bibs at their end of season sales and they have been good too.
Old 04-15-2022, 11:15 AM

My college was sponsored by Voler. They make good stuff. I like the sleeves they have on their jerseys. I will say that the bibs don't fit (me) the best. I find it feels like a when walking around diaper (my teammates also agreed) and the chamois is very pronounced and does not sit super close to my body. Comfort wise, with some adjustment, no problem. I have a decent number of kits from them so I will keep wearing them.

I have a pair of Santini bibs and I really like the fit and quality of them, I think they were reasonable priced as well.
Old 04-15-2022, 12:37 PM

I think their stock website offerings are better than their custom kit. My team has used them for our custom kits for 3 years, and we are moving away from them. Their generally ok, but have concerns with their longevity. They just seem to wear quickly.
Old 04-15-2022, 12:44 PM

Just bought one of their wind/light rain jackets, and really impressed 2 way zipper, 3 pockets in a version of celeste/sage green. Also bought some cyclocross gloves which were on sale to get shipping, they're just ok, not made on a "curved" pattern so bunch up a bit/fit a little funny. Have a team jersey as well, good stuff!
Old 04-15-2022, 01:03 PM

I have and have had lots of Voler kit. It's some of my favorite stuff. Good fit for me and quality is great.
Old 04-15-2022, 02:58 PM

I have a CalPoly team jersey made by Voler. Looks really nice and can't complain about the quality. My daughter was able to order from the bike team when she went there. I also have a UC Davis and UCLA team jersey from my other daughter.
Old 04-15-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaSS View Post
I think their stock website offerings are better than their custom kit. My team has used them for our custom kits for 3 years, and we are moving away from them. Their generally ok, but have concerns with their longevity. They just seem to wear quickly.
This has been my experience; the bibs for our team kits for a few years seemed to wear quickly. ETA: To be fair, I really liked their jerseys and they seemed responsive to customers.

Last edited by Jad; 04-15-2022 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-15-2022, 10:06 PM
Registered (ab)User

The only Voler gear I own is a ~10 year old jersey. But it is probably my favorite jersey of the dozens I own, so there's that.
Old 08-26-2022, 10:37 AM

I have been using their Cache bibs for the past month, I'd say the compression around the legs is great but I wish it extended a bit more on the backside to hold the chamois closer to my body.

They use an excellent pad from Cytech however so I haven't felt discomfort on rides, likely because the pad is so well cushioned with the right amount of firmness.
Old 09-11-2022, 09:19 AM

I just bought a pair of Jet Escape shorts, and wore them on a hilly 90-mile ride. I found the chamois very comfortable in the saddle, though it's thicker than the chamois I'm used to, which feels odd when I'm off the bike. If there's anything I'd change about the shorts, it would be to have an inseam shorter by 1" or even 2". I'm not a fan of shorts that go down nearly to my knees.

I should add that Voler's customer service is top notch.

Last edited by fiamme red; 09-11-2022 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-11-2022, 10:23 AM
Two wheels good

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiamme red View Post
I just bought a pair of Jet Escape shorts, and wore them on a hilly 90-mile ride. I found the chamois very comfortable in the saddle, though it's thicker than the chamois I'm used to, which feels odd when I'm off the bike. If there's anything I'd change about the shorts, it would be to have an inseam shorter by 1" or even 2". I'm not a fan of shorts that go down nearly to my knees.

I should add that Voler's customer service is top notch.
I've been wearing these and they are nice. The inseam thing might depend on the rider size and the short size. One of the reasons I like them is because the inseam is shorter than most. I'm 6'0 160ish and I wear a medium short and the bottom of the leg is probably six inches above my knee. However if someone is 5'9" and buys a large I could see an issue.