Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-22-2022, 11:53 AM

Recent opinions of Voler apparel?

Hey Team,

Happy Saturday! With all the brands that seem to garner attention here, Voler seems to be largely absent (at least if you do a search in general discussion for Voler).

Is anyone on the forum using their apparel (bibs, shorts, and jerseys) these days? What are your thoughts on them? Most of my favorite jerseys are older medium race/fit Volers that fit perfectly to me (just the right length and tightness AND they're made in the U.S.). However, I haven't tried their bibs or shorts. My favorite Capos are reaching the end of their lifespan and it's time to invest in some new bibs and other gear.

Any feedback on Voler's recent product lines would be appreciated.

Thx!

Texbike
Old 01-22-2022, 12:00 PM

Several years ago I wore a lot of their kit, as they supplied the team I was riding for. Durable and nice fitting kit. I have a friend that is riding for their Factory Racing team and has nothing but good things to say about their recent offerings. I get the impression that for years all they focused on was custom team apparel, and in the recent few years have started to see the market appetite for simple and "plain" kit. Pactimo has been targeting that for years, but seems to be a bit dated in their aesthetics.

I quite like the few patterned jerseys they have released recently...

Old 01-22-2022, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texbike View Post
Hey Team,

Happy Saturday! With all the brands that seem to garner attention here, Voler seems to be largely absent (at least if you do a search in general discussion for Voler).

Is anyone on the forum using their apparel (bibs, shorts, and jerseys) these days? What are your thoughts on them? Most of my favorite jerseys are older medium race/fit Volers that fit perfectly to me (just the right length and tightness AND they're made in the U.S.). However, I haven't tried their bibs or shorts. My favorite Capos are reaching the end of their lifespan and it's time to invest in some new bibs and other gear.

Any feedback on Voler's recent product lines would be appreciated.

Thx!

Texbike
I have a number of pairs of Voler Bibs. I like them. Some of mine have many years of use, and are now relegated to indoor trainer use only. But they are still holding up really well. I like Voler stuff.
Old 01-22-2022, 12:06 PM

been riding voler stuff for a little over 32 years now, from club/team kit to regular product. it's kinda weird to type that #...how time sure flies.

there's always something from them in my kit rotation. their arm, leg & knee warmers have lasted a ridiculous amount of time. well made product. each time i buy something new (every handful of years or so), it gets better and better. plus like you said, made onshore up in central coast of california. and great service too. can't go wrong with that combo.
Old 01-22-2022, 12:45 PM
what's a little rust?

My most recent voler purchases are several pairs of MTB baggies and one of their wind jackets. These are great, very good feel and fit, and they hold up well.

Less recent, going back many years, are Lycra shorts, bibs, and jerseys. Same review as above. One thing they don’t offer, that I wish they did, is a lightweight liner short (not bib) just for use with baggies. Their pads work so well for me, I don’t want to settle for a cheap pad in someone else’s liner short. They do have a new cargo bib liner, so I’ll probably try that.
Old 01-22-2022, 12:56 PM

jersey collars are floppy

seems some jersey patterns/material make it so when you unzip part way the two sides still lay flat against your chest. my volers just sort of flop open and look sloppy when i unzip part way. very important to us fashion plates.
Old 01-22-2022, 03:06 PM

I haven't looked at Voler in years. For some reason I remembered them as being a little more budget friendly than what they are now. The cost of cycling gear is getting out of control.
Old 01-22-2022, 05:44 PM

I got a pair of the higher end bibs last year and they are OK but I prefer other brands so rarely wear them. The straps are weak and the pad shape isn’t a perfect fit for me in the front.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:26 PM

pads are like saddles, for me it's what I base my buying decisions on. I bought some Strong Frames kit made by Voler a decade ago and it held up well.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:43 PM

I have a few of their jerseys and like them.
Have not tried their bib shorts and have no desire to.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:49 PM
Everything is connected

I have a couple pair of their Arctic bib tights and they have performed and worn well for the past 3 years. I’d buy them again.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:53 PM
Rockstruck

I have their white ("sand") wind vest and carry it all the time, and have been wanting the merino long sleeve jersey.
I definitely like buying mUSA.
Old 01-22-2022, 09:16 PM

I've been wearing Voler shorts for many years. They're very comfortable and I don't think about them when I'm riding. And they last a long time.
Old 01-22-2022, 09:35 PM
Two wheels good

Voler used to make our team kits 20 years ago and I still wear some of the 20-year-old jerseys and vests and they like they were just made. Recently I bought some new stuff to try from Pactimo, Gore, Castelli and Voler, and the Voler stuff was made just as well and fit great. I also bought four pair of these shorts and the fit was outstanding. Long enough in the back, short enough in the front, and legs that were just right.
https://store.voler.com/collections/...oducts/1110829
Old 01-23-2022, 06:48 AM

I've been using Voler for nearly 20 years and other than one pair of Ornot bibs, Voler is all I own. I get several seasons out of their bibs and typically rotate 6 or 7. I also have a couple of their jerseys which are fine, but I'm not crazy about the sleeve length they've gone to recently. If I'm buying a short sleeve jersey, I don't want the sleeves at my elbow.

Edit: I also recently purchased their new wind jacket. I've yet to use it for cycling, but it's turning out to be a great running jacket for days in the 20s and 30s.