Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-10-2021, 04:22 PM
Deconditioned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
The Dame-era Blazers have always been good, but they got lucky and thought that meant they were great.
Too true. The Blazers are far from great. Very very far. That won't be something that changes anytime soon.
Old 12-10-2021, 05:32 PM

Brandon Boston, new kid on LA Clippers dropped 27 pts. the other night. Jerry West found him, I'm guessing. That's a very promising showing. It did look like he was just having a once in a lifetime magical night.

Very tough to figure who (besides GSW) will be in WCF this year. The East looks very weak, unless I'm missing something.
Old 12-10-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
LeBron's not going anywhere, but as GM of the Lakers, he might decide to send his teammates elsewhere.

I don't think they have any actual tradable assets beyond Talen Horton-Tucker though.
Indeed, odds are it’s gonna be painful next few years in LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klasse View Post

Very tough to figure who (besides GSW) will be in WCF this year. The East looks very weak, unless I'm missing something.
Phoenix - I think one of the better balanced teams in the league. I think the general consensus is Eastern Conference is better top to bottom than the West. The bottom of the west is truly bad.
Old 12-11-2021, 11:02 AM
VAV

Curry just about to pass Ray Allen for the all time 3 pointers leader. That in itslef is impressive but doing it in a bit more than half the games is insane
Old 12-12-2021, 02:37 AM

Luke Kennard and several other Clippers have really taken a step forward this year. They 'would be' deep if PG13 and KL were in the lineup. Unbelievable how little those guys play.

Kennard shooting 45% from deep, 7/11 tonight.
Old 12-13-2021, 04:34 PM

Zion Williamson delayed indefinitely yet again with the healing of his foot fracture. It makes me enormously sad, but I think XXTwindad was right. He's just too big, and there's just too much weight on those joints. I'm feeling some Bill Walton vibes here.
Old 12-13-2021, 05:33 PM

CP3 comes back to STAPLES Center tonight. I can't recall the new name of Staples Center. Should be a good game. I don't know why PG13 has been out?
Old 12-13-2021, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Zion Williamson delayed indefinitely yet again with the healing of his foot fracture. It makes me enormously sad, but I think XXTwindad was right. He's just too big, and there's just too much weight on those joints. I'm feeling some Bill Walton vibes here.
Yeah, I’m sorry to hear but not all that surprised. If I counted right he’s in 3rd year of his rookie contract, so as New Orleans flounders, will be interesting to see how much he can stay on the court and how that affects trade talk, trade demands, etc. I still think he was a must for #1 pick in his draft but Memphis has to be feeling pretty good with Morant at #2.

I imagine he really has to fight to keep the weight down if he’s not able to go full speed all the time.
Old 12-13-2021, 09:34 PM

Quote:
It is sad, but not unexpected. He's a total anachronism in the NBA.
Explosive + 280ish pounds = short career.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:06 AM

Curry. Amazing. I know which one of those dots elicited a double "Bang!" from Mike Breen in OKC 2017. Maybe my favorite regular season game ever.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kirkgolds...32003184852993
Old 12-15-2021, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Curry. Amazing. I know which one of those dots elicited a double "Bang!" from Mike Breen in OKC 2017. Maybe my favorite regular season game ever.

Pretty neat graphic. This record also sheds more light on the exploding role of the 3 pointer in today's game. Last night there was a stat to the effect of Ray Allen attempted a certain number of 3's in a game (14?) 5 times in his career and Curry passes that number multiples of that every season.

Somewhere there is a list of guys that define "cool" and Ray Allen is definitely on it near the top. Congrats to Curry, definitely deserved as one of the greatest shooters ever.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:55 AM

My favorite part of that graphic might be when he gains his superpowers in 2016 and just starts pulling from 30 feet.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs View Post
Pretty neat graphic. This record also sheds more light on the exploding role of the 3 pointer in today's game. Last night there was a stat to the effect of Ray Allen attempted a certain number of 3's in a game (14?) 5 times in his career and Curry passes that number multiples of that every season.

Somewhere there is a list of guys that define "cool" and Ray Allen is definitely on it near the top. Congrats to Curry, definitely deserved as one of the greatest shooters ever.
Most definitely. He’s Jesus Shuttlesworth. But Curry is on that list, as well.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:02 AM

Question

Quote:

Really cool.
Old 01-09-2022, 03:30 PM
Vendor

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 4.28.44 PM.jpg (64.5 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by Velocipede; 01-09-2022 at 04:58 PM.