Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-17-2022, 02:34 AM

What's up with the Warriors? Their record has declined since Klay's return.
Old 01-17-2022, 08:11 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by klasse View Post
What's up with the Warriors? Their record has declined since Klay's return.
Losing with him, winning without him. I think it's the fit right now. Trying to get him into the rotation or figure it out anyways. The crushed the #1 east the other night without him. Got crushed the night before with him. Draymond is out and his numbers don't reflect what he really does but he's key in their play making.
Old 01-23-2022, 04:01 PM
Vendor

This dude needs booted from the NBA. Caruso bounced like 8 inches when he landed. Lucky he didn't hurt his back or neck. Still, to have a fractured wrist and need surgery. Allen was smirking and laughing about the takedown after it happened and all the way to the locker room. A bunch of people keep commenting it seems to happen when only he's on the floor.

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/statu...19656468418565
Old 02-01-2022, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
This dude needs booted from the NBA. Caruso bounced like 8 inches when he landed. Lucky he didn't hurt his back or neck. Still, to have a fractured wrist and need surgery. Allen was smirking and laughing about the takedown after it happened and all the way to the locker room. A bunch of people keep commenting it seems to happen when only he's on the floor.

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/statu...19656468418565
Agree, this kid Grayson Allen has been a punk from day one. I really like Caruso too. You hate to see this kind of stuff in the game.
Old 02-01-2022, 07:20 AM
Registered (ab)User

Quote:
this kid Grayson Allen has been a punk from day one.
Was day one this year? 'Cuz I've never even heard of him before today.

Nasty foul though, yikes!
Old 02-02-2022, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
Was day one this year? 'Cuz I've never even heard of him before today.

Nasty foul though, yikes!
Bob, he came into the league a few years ago out of Duke, 1st rd draft pick. There's a bunch of stuff on YouTube showing his dirty fouls. Most of us liked the Pistons "Bad Boy" team and the grit of the 1980's, but this is different.
Old 02-02-2022, 08:29 AM

Looks to me like a hard but not a dirty foul. He fouled him when he first blocked it and then as he went by, tried to go for another swat at the ball but missed.
Old 02-03-2022, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs View Post
Looks to me like a hard but not a dirty foul. He fouled him when he first blocked it and then as he went by, tried to go for another swat at the ball but missed.
Reputation of the offender plays into my interpretation of the foul, but I see your point!

Tonight - if Lakers lose to the Clippers, their season is basically over! Wonder if Bron comes back into action; he was out with an inflammation of knee.
Old 02-03-2022, 05:01 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs View Post
Quote:
Reputation of the offender plays into my interpretation of the foul, but I see your point!

Tonight - if Lakers lose to the Clippers, their season is basically over! Wonder if Bron comes back into action; he was out with an inflammation of knee.
The problem is he continually trips, pushes, hits and swats other players in the face. And he laughs afterwards. He knows he's doing it. The refs just aren't doing enough about it. That foul, yes, he hit him first to create the foul but pushed him as well when he was in the air. That's the dirty part of the play.

I'm loving the Lakers implosion right now. I mean, they have a team of 5 or 6 All-Stars and they can't work together. That's where a team like the Warriors, they can handle the egos and everyone works well together. Andrew Wiggins is loving it there. He's playing his best he's ever played, he's constantly smiling and having fun. He's mentioned how much happier he is. Clearly something they are doing is working. And KLay is starting to fit in the rotation now. They just need to get Wiseman and Draymond back and they will be great. They're holding their own and still in 2nd overall, so they must be doing something right.
Old 02-17-2022, 12:01 AM

Lakers had a really nice W tonight, but AD perhaps out for awhile? I didn't see the ankle injury replay yet. He landed on Gobert's foot, supposedly pretty bad. This is the 2nd time LAL have come back from a big deficit to beat Jazz.

Klay is acting pretty cocky. I won't mind seeing them win, but I'll be rooting for the "other team" such as Phoenix or the Clippers if they end up Seeds 2 and 7. The Clippers are an extremely likeable team this season.
Old 02-17-2022, 08:46 AM

Nets and Sixers Trade…

Hard to see how the Sixers didn’t get hosed on this deal. Granted, Simmons is a head case (which differentiates him from “flat earth” Irving and the perpetually moody Durant) but he’s a 25 year old head case that’s a great defender and distributor.

Harden has always been one of my least favorite players to watch. Conversely, the fear and inability to shoot the ball (which plagued Simmons) will not be a problem with Harden. To put it mildly.
Old 02-17-2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Hard to see how the Sixers didn’t get hosed on this deal. Granted, Simmons is a head case (which differentiates him from “flat earth” Irving and the perpetually moody Durant) but he’s a 25 year old head case that’s a great defender and distributor.

Harden has always been one of my least favorite players to watch. Conversely, the fear and inability to shoot the ball (which plagued Simmons) will not be a problem with Harden. To put it mildly.
If the Celtics game on Tuesday was any indication - then YES
Old 02-17-2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
If the Celtics game on Tuesday was any indication - then YES
But they were missing Curry and Drummond from their normal rotation and don't have Harden yet, not quite a measuring stick yet.
Old 02-17-2022, 12:01 PM

Philly is all-in for a title in the next 2-3 years, and they should be. Embiid's body isn't going to hold up forever, and I'm thinking the last 2 years of Harden's contract is going to be pretty heavily negative value.

The Nets have a nice potential fit with Simmons who has been undervalued since last playoffs. He's a legit DPOY candidate every year and surrounding him with 4 shooters is an automatic top 5 offense.
Old 03-08-2022, 10:23 PM
Vendor

Jackie Moon was suited up and practicing with the Dubs tonight.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ferrell-kla...ycsrp_catchall