Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-18-2024, 05:32 PM

Looking for Allgyn Diamond Rack/ Gramm Bag owner feedback

I’m in the process of piecing together a new rando bike.

I’d be really interested to know if folk on here might have real world feedback after using the Allgyn diamond front rack and Gramm bag combo?

My current bike, used for longer distances, is set up with a proper decaleur that supports the entire upper section of the bag. I often ride with binoculars or sometimes a camera plus food for the day, etc. Does the Allgyn system have any draw backs apart from the lid Admittedly I haven’t used it but I’d prefer the same style entry point as on my ostrich or gb25.

Their system looks like a good solution and I’d be really interested to hear any thoughts. There are Velcro fixing points at the front and rear of the Gramm bag. They have given me pause for thought.
Old 08-19-2024, 06:57 PM
what's a little rust?

I have the Gramm diamond bag on a Sim-Works Obento rack because I already had the rack. It’s a great size for me, and I leave it on the bike full time. Mesh inside pockets hold phone/keys/tools. I toss my saddle bag inside because I’ve never really gotten on with saddle bags. Plenty of room is left for a jacket or snacks, it’s still small enough overall. I never worry about the attachment system or the origami closure, I’ve ridden in pouring rain with no leaks, and the magnetic clips are very easy to open and close one-handed. Five stars on my scale.
Old 08-20-2024, 10:40 AM
what's a little rust?

Here's the Gramm bag on the Obento rack. For perspective the bike is 60ish x 58ish, and the bars are 44cm wide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unknown-2.jpg (66.1 KB, 39 views)
Old 08-20-2024, 12:39 PM

Thanks very much for taking the time to do that. Didn’t know the bag came in any other colours (I must have missed that bit on their site).
Old 08-20-2024, 12:56 PM
Bike Guy

Paging @Jambi

He and I both have Gramm bags. Not sure if his is on an Allygn rack or not. I personally own their grill rack and the prototype bag for said rack. This is like a bigger slightly more square diamond bag. Can confirm it works a treat on my Elephant NFE riding over the roughest stuff that we have here in NE Germany. The two Velcro attachment might seem insufficient but I commute on the setup 2-3 times a week with my lunch and clothes in the bag and couldn’t find a complaint to lodge.